biggest loser week 8

Options
Hey everyone,
This week we are going to add the challenge of eating at least one new food or trying a healthy new recipe. The previous challenges still stand.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Mon:
25 pusups/ 25 crunches/25 lunges/ 90 mins aqua.
10h20
2 f/v
no eating out
no new food or recipe yesterday

Replies

• sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Mon -
    12 cups of water
    2 f and v
    30 push ups
    25 crunches
    10 lunges for each leg
    55 mins on treadmill run/walk
    no eat out

will complete my stats for today tomorrow or later tonite

Weighed in for the first time in about a month and I am up 1.5 lbs. My official starting weight is 145 for the shred. I'm really motivated to be doing the 30 day shred, I hope this motivation continues for the whole 30 days!! I really wanna complete it on my first try because Id love to see the results it gives. I am also doing other exercise along with it so the results wont just be from the shred.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Sundinsurl: You have gained muscle. How awesome for you the muscle will not start helping you burn calories. :bigsmile:
    Glad you are feeling better. You got to love little children they share everything with us.:laugh:
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Good mornin everyone!!!!

Tues
    11 cups of water
    3 f and v
    10 lunges each leg
    25 push ups
    25 crunches
    day #1 of shred
    30 mins of treadmill walk/run
    no eat out
    no new recipe/food just yet

Have a wonderful day!!!!!
  • raindancer
    Options
    Sundinsurl: You have gained muscle. How awesome for you the muscle will not start helping you burn calories. :bigsmile:
    Glad you are feeling better. You got to love little children they share everything with us.:laugh:

How crazy am I!! It WILL help you burn calories. That will teach me to proof read before posting:laugh:

You are kicking butt!!

Where is everyone??
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    I was wondering where everyone was as well! I hope we didnt loose people.. we need to stay strong together, because this challenge is only halfway done (right? we are doing 16 weeks?)

raindancer - I just assumed you made a typo :P since I know muscle helps burn fat!! It might be 1.5 of fat though since I did go to a chinese buffet (all you can eat), and didnt work out as much as I had been before, especially last week cause I was sick. But I like the positivity.. yes it was muscle lol
  • raindancer
    Options
    16 weeks sounds good to me
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    so halfway there... we'll make these last 8 weeks really count!!

Wed
    3 f and v
    14 glasses of water
    25 push ups
    25 crunches
    10 lunges each leg
    day #2 of shred 20 mins
    45 mins walkin on treadmill burned 350 calories
    no eating out
    still no new recipe..

boy my legs are sore!!!!! lots of lunges in the shred - and of course our lunges here.

Another successful day - thats 3 days in a row :)
  • maytanewfie
    Options
    New food or recipie sounds awesome to me. I'll post one when I try it and know it is good.!! I need to seriously get my act together on those push ups
  • maytanewfie
    Options
    New food or recipie sounds awesome to me. I'll post one when I try it and know it is good.!! I need to seriously get my act together on those push ups
  • maytanewfie
    Options
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

I just got to SC I am being bad today no workout!! :sad:

I will be hitting it hard tomm birthday or not!!
  • maytanewfie
    Options
    Happy Birthday
  • raindancer
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY:flowerforyou: cnbethea Hope you are doing something FUN!

maytanewfie: welcome back we were missing you:smile:

sundinsgurl: You are awesome!!

Everyone keep up the great work!!

I tried jimica(sp) I had heard it was sweet and good, I was disappointed and threw most of it away, But I tried it.

Wed:
    20pushups/25 crunches/ 25 lunges/ 60aqua/no free weight work
    10h2o
    3f/v
    tried a new food:frown:
    ate out
  • raindancer
    Options
    (@#$%$#*) Chinese Buffet.:explode:
    I can not believe after all this time I have "0" willpower.
    I'll have a dry green salad for dinner tonight.

Later..:cry:
  • raindancer
    Options
    Margarita

1can diet fresca/sprite or 7up
    4 jiggers of tequila
    1tbs crystal light lemonade mix
    1/2 c lime sherbet

put in blender with ice.

Peach cobbler

aprx 2 lbs of peaches sweetended lightly with splenda
    1 box of reduced sugar yellow cake mix
    1 can of diet sprite/7up/or ginger ale

put peaches in a 9x13 pan sprinkle dry cake mix on top breaking up any large clumps.
    pour soda on top. don't mix. bake covered at 400F for 20 mins then cook 40 mins uncovered at
    350F
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    trying a new food or new recipe sounds great. Eating the same things all the time can get boring. My daughter made a chicken and asparagus stirfry that I think I will try. It had chicken broth, garlic, soy sauce, terriki sauce, and corn starch in it, with the chicken and asparagus cut into bite size pieces. I am going to try it this weekend. YUM
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    also the margarita recipe sounds great YUM
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Interesting recipes.. I am thinking of trying the salsa chicken this weekend (Saturday perhaps)

Not sure which recipe yet..

Salsa chicken.

2 pounds of chicken breasts
    1 large jar of salsa
    1 can of whole corn kernels, drained
    1 can of black beans, drained

put the chicken and salsa in the crockpot, cook on low for about six to seven hours.
    a half hour before, add the corn and black beans.
    Sometimes i serve it in either a whole wheat soft tortilla or i'll use the flatout wraps.

Salsa Chicken
    3-4 chicken breats in crock pot
    dump a jar of your favorite salsa on top
    Cook on low 6-8 hours
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    cnbethea - once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! You kick butt. and I hope you had a little treat to celebrate your bday. I know you managed to get in a workout so thats pretty darn amazing!!

raindancer - dont worry about the chinese buffet, its only one day. Think about how far you've come. One buffet isnt going to ruin anything. You can do better tomorrow - and you will :) Try to get some exercise in if you can

Thurs
    2 f and v (not good at all)
    11 glasses of water
    Day #3 of shred
    25 mins on treadmill
    25 push ups
    10 lunges
    25 crunches
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the Birthday wishes!! Overall it was a great day I even got to do Zumba!!:bigsmile:

Hey guys sorry to be so distant this week I will be much better next week and my goal these next 8 weeks is to lose some weight LOL I am so tired of the 160's if I can say so myself I lost this weight during P90X and got here then I got down to 158 and then right back to the 160's okay I am over it now it's been well over 3mnths and if I don't get out by the end of the mnth it's going to be 4mnths so I am hoping for it to be before the end of this month we shall see!!

Thanks again Sundinsgirl and I see you have the shred how do you lie it? I did have a drink so that was my little birthday treat I should say!!

I love the receipes they sound really tasty my girlfriend had just talked about salsa chicken and whala now I can try it!!!