Older or younger?

Options

Replies

• ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    As soon as people hear I have three kids in their 20's they say I don't look old enough, but they never actually know how old I am when they say that. I don't care, it makes me feel good. LOL
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Younger as most of the time they think my older two children (ages 24 & 21) are my siblings. My son don't care but makes my daughter kind of angry.
  • gp72dpr
    gp72dpr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No doubt, younger.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Same here. Most people think I am younger. ( I am 45) That is OK for me. And most people don´t believe I have 4 kids when they get to know me riding my motorbike or taking pilot lessons. I can live with that.:wink:
  • Rbacchiega
    Rbacchiega Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Depends on the crowd I guess. I'll be 28 this year. At tattoo conventions etc people generally guess around between 22 and 25 (of course, the antics I pull could lead them to that). When I'm out with friends catching a show it's between 30-35.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    People think I'm younger someone thought I was about 25 last night even though I'm 32
  • Skinny_Issy
    Options
    I'm 19. People generally tend to think I'm older, but I'll always get ID'd.
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    (Slightly) younger. I am 51.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Younger. Used to get a child's fare on the underground when I was at university and got asked for ID regularly until I was in my 30's.

My husband turns 40 in May and he was carded buying beer a couple of months ago, and when he was checking into a hotel with our kids last year they thought our eldest daughter was his wife ( she was 14 at the time!!)
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    younger!! People usually tend to think Im on my 20`s but im 37 lol
  • stringbeann
    Options
    younger.. people think im in junior high... but im 21. =/
  • bill323
    bill323 Posts: 100
    Options
    Always older until recently when the tide is starting to turn. When I was 19-20 people figured late 20's early 30's. In my late 20's people figured late 30's early 40's. Now the tide is turning where people recognize my age and I even get some people thinking I am 30. I just turned 35 for reference.
  • Thor127
    Thor127 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I always get younger, and it's been going even further down as I've been getting in better shape. I still remember when I was 15 getting guessed I was 22 all the time. Now I'm 27 and getting guessed I'm 20. I'm a real life Benjamin Button! HAHA!
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Always younger........ Wink K
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Younger :happy: I'm 43 y/o and my son will be 19 y/o in a few weeks. When people see us together or I tell them my son is almost 19 they are shocked. I'm not sure it's because of how I look but because of my personality. I am and have always been a kid at heart!
  • lorieric5037
    Options
    Younger! I'm 50 & have daughters ages 27, 25, 21 & 20.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    I'll be 27 in June and I'm always told I look much younger.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and recently passed for 12. yes twelve, not 21

the dodgems (aka bumper cars) at one of the local parks has an age limit of 5-12. I wanted to go with my 6 yr old daughter. the guy let me on without even asking my age (I didn't ask him if it was okay... just queued up with the kids, half of whom were taller than me). I've heard of mothers being mistaken for their daughters' sisters before, but not when the daughter is only 6...

Another time I answered the door to a salesperson who asked "can I speak to your mother or father?" ... I replied "no, because they live in (city 30 miles away)." - he then went on to try and sell me whatever it was regardless...

when I was in my 20s a few times I got charged a child fare on the bus, without the bus driver even asking my age, and this was in London and the rule then (maybe still now?) was that 14 and 15 yr olds had to have a special photo card to prove that they're 14 or 15, so only those presumed to be 13 or under would get charged a child fare automatically.

I'm 5'1" and don't usually wear make-up and dress quite tomboyish (not that tomboyish though I wear skinny jeans quite a lot)
  • ruckerbenton
    Options
    I'm usually perceived younger than the 47 years that I am when I'm alone. I like to think that it is my joy for life and being youthful that helps. My boyfriend is 13 years older than me, a smoker and a throat cancer survivor (I know, he shouldn't be smoking.) As handsome as he is, he looks his age. When we are together, I believe people think of me as my age or older. Except for one of my MD's who thought he was my father. It's funny how people judge upon impressions. My only son turns 21 this year and it is my 30th high school reunion in July. I'm starting back to college for a second Bachelor degree in art in a couple weeks where I'll be taking classes with 18 year olds. Age is really relative. It's all about how you feel inside. I would say that I feel my age and look forward to the next 35 - 40 years. You just never know what God has planned for you!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    People always think I am younger. I thought it was weird when I was in my twenties and people would think I was between 13 and 16. Especially when I was pregnant and had my children, that resulted in some bizarre, awkward situations. People really thought I was a teen mom and wanted to lecture me. I remember sometime after I turned 30 that people started responding to me in a different way. I realized that people finally thought I was in my 20's, so they saw me as an adult finally. But, now I'm 35 and I am happy if people think I am young or if I get carded (the drinking age is 19). I hope it lasts. Complete strangers will still say that my kids can't possibly be my kids. They are serious. Then they ask me what my secret to youth is (haha).