Leslie Sansone DVD

Options
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had any success with Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds. If you have can you add how long you did it for and how much weight you lost.

Thanks

Replies

• edr2b
    edr2b Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love her videos..I used it along with My Fitness Pal the first time I lost weight...then began running..but yes it works in conjunction with MFP..
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have tried the "walk a mile" or "walk 2 miles" and thought they were super easy, but I was still moving, Just being up and active is going to help lose weight especially while counting calories.

I have thought about getting a step so when I do her videos I can step up which would help with burning a few more calories I think.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I began using her beginner DVD when I was still large and use her 5 big miles DVD now. I have lost 91 pounds between that DVD, outside walking, and logging on MFP for over a year. Depending on where you are in your weight loss venture, her DVD's are great. I have balance issues and severe asthma and they work great for me.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I use them, I haven't weighed in yet since I have started a 6 week count down to my 1 yr anniversary. I am thrilled with her DVDs, I have 6 of them and use them all. I walk 3-5 miles a day and on occasion walk outside. I lost 6 pounds last month while walking with her DVDs, I usually lose 1 pound a week regardless of what I do. They get your heart rate up a bit but she also incorporates resistance bands which are awesome for strength training. You can get them at the library to try them out and get variety.
  • fataalic
    fataalic Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I used them back in 2005 and lost 30lbs back then. I loved it, it was so easy and the weight kept coming off. I was watching how much I was eating along with exercising, too.
    But, lately I started getting backaches when I do any aerobic exercises. Plain walking is the only thing that does not bother my back now.
    So, i don't use her videos anymore, but I sure miss them. :)
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I use Leslie Sansone alot. Now that i am able to get outside not so much, but a friend in Feb. challenged me to a 5k in June. All those hours with Leslie is paying off. I can jog! Did a mile on the track 2nd time I tried to. Who needs couch25k? I do her faster videos and I also carry my zumba sticks (one lb hand weights would be easier) to add more to the workout. Any movement is good. I can do some of Jillian Michaels stuff but not the jumping parts. I still baby my knees alot. I have slowly lost weight, at first it was just from logging my food but added exercise in December. Weight is still slow to come off, but that's ok, am getting there. Wanted to lose the weight in a year, don't think its going to happen by this Sept, but I feel better and my balance has greatly improved.

Just keep moving and learning to eat better. Try Leslie on youtube. Start with the beginning walks and move up. Secret is to just keep moving.
  • disneyrosen5
    Options
    thank you for all the replies
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I lost 78lbs back in 09/2010 with her DVD's..I let life and tragic things get in the way so I gained it back and then some ... I recommitted Jan 25 2013 and I have lost 20lbs with her dvd's..... I love the one that includes resistant bands and I just bought her ultimate 5 day walk plan which I will be starting tomorrow .... 3 miles on Mon. 4 miles on Tuesday ..1 mile on Wednesday... 2 miles on Thursday and 5 miles on Friday ....:bigsmile:
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I've incorporated her DVDs into my workout about 2x a week. I've been doing it for a year and in that year I lost 83 pounds along w/posting my eating on MFP every day, treadmill and outside walking (more recently i started doing weight & exercise classes Jan 2013). I like her DVDs because they're a 'no excuse' exercise option.
  • RUGGEDGerit
    Options
    I love Walk Away the Pounds! It's very easy to follow - I'm not very coordinated, so a lot of workout DVDs are hard for me to keep up with. I've been doing it for about 2 months now, along with MFP, and I've lost about 10 lbs per month! At the end of one of her workouts, I feel like I've broken a sweat and burned some calories, but I don't feel exhausted, cranky or super hungry the way I often do with a more strenuous program. I also love that the 1 and 2 mile walks are only about 25 min, so I can get in a some quick exercise before work. Sometimes i even do another work out when I get home!
  • mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie. I like the 5 mile DVD with the "2 minute power boost" but I started out with her two mile walk. It's a great low impact workout...and it's movement, of course it works! If you don't want to buy the dvd, try it online first. There are a few full-length videos on youtube from ExerciseTV. That's what I started with.
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about trying it on youtube first, I need a low impact no excuses workout. My knees and ankles bother me a ton. How do you guys normally log your exercise with her dvds?
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    SASSA: Her workouts sound perfect for you, you can do it all or do her suggested alternate exercises or walk in place, or just stand there until you're ready to pick it back up.

To log in the workout under 'cardio' I use 'Low Impact Aerobics' and put the # of minutes I did. I don't have a HRM, or eat back my calories, so for my purposes it was good enough
  • disneyrosen5
    Options
    Thanks everyone I can see from all your comments this Leslie dvds are working for all of you. Its early days for me but I've decided to do it everyday for a month before I weigh myself again.
    03221961 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use them when it is cold outside. Not much of a workout for someone who is fairly in shape but its movement
  • nickiebu
    nickiebu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do you log it into exercise when you do one of her videos?
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I just ordered her 5 mile one. I have the 3 mile with belt..it's a good workout...a little easy for me but I do the belt more than she does (which she tells you to do in the DVD if you want)
    I like how she's not complicated, I'm not coordinated at all and I get my heart rate up. I am looking forward to the challenge when I get the next DVD on Tuesday. If one is a bit easy, you can always add a little "umph" to the move, move a little faster, but I need low impact with my knees and she really is. Some sat low-impact and they have you jumping.
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Love her!
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I can see from all your comments this Leslie dvds are working for all of you. Its early days for me but I've decided to do it everyday for a month before I weigh myself again.
    I think I will do this too! Not sure I can go a month with out weighing though! Lol that will be tough!
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I did her 1 mile workout via youtube and I loved it, its a quick little workout that doesn't leave me hurting. I going to try and do it twice a day all week and then move up to the 2 mile next week, then if I see its helping i want to buy the 5 mile DVD. If your joints hurt like mine you may like these workouts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!