What do you eat when you don't feel like eating?

Options
I've started having these moments. I'll get to a meal time and know I need to eat, but I don't have a desire to do so. Nothing looks or sounds good.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• tiffstar714
    Options
    Maybe you're just bored with the normal. I know I've run into this problem before just because I'm eating the same things so routinely. Run to the store(maybe even a new store), try something new, think "outside the box".
  • peterd8863
    Options
    I sometimes get like that think of your fave stuff to eat while you go for a gentle walk an soon you will want to eat it
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. I make a smoothie or a protein shake.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Nuts. I get the Anns House unsalted and some dried Cherries from Costco. I eat them together, its like candy. It gives me a boost of energy and a nice little bit of protein and comes in around 300 calories.

Cinnamon Ezekiel bread with almond butter, chia seeds and some banana slices is also a great go to snack. I eat it when I am not hungry and end up being able to eat all of it and being rather satisfied.

Check out my cooking page for more healthy ideas: https://www.facebook.com/TheSassyGourmet
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't eat if I don't have any desire to eat. On occasion I will eat just a small snack.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    sandwich, soup
  • tsubasamasuwaka
    Options
    I just don't eat
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. I make a smoothie or a protein shake.

^ This.

I get not hungry all the time. So I make a shake. I also keep r.t.d. shakes like Muscle Milk or Myoplex in the refrig.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    It depends .. normally, one to two ounces of planters healthy nutrition nut mix. Some nights I am just not hungry.

Non fat greek yogurt is another favorite of mine to eat when I am just not hungry for supper. I throw some chia seeds and raw oat bran in it.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    An egg or avocado. Those are 2 things I almost neer get tired of!
  • darylewb
    darylewb Posts: 45
    Options
    I listen to my body. If it isn't hungry, I just don't eat. Food is more of a means to an end for me anyhow and I've been known to not for more than a full day before when I've gotten busy with something.
  • shewasthewalrus
    shewasthewalrus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Have you been to skinnytaste.com? She posts tons of amazing recipes that are healthful and delicious. And she includes nutrition info (calories, WW points, etc). You could probably find some light dinner ideas or smoothie recipes to mix things up.
  • shewasthewalrus
    Options
    oops. duplicate post
  • shewasthewalrus
    Options
    An egg or avocado. Those are 2 things I almost neer get tired of!
    This. I keep hard boiled eggs in my fridge at all times, because you never know when you might need something small but filling to eat. At the risk of sounding like a Skinnytaste spokesgal, I use Gina's guide to perfect hardboiled eggs, and so far it has worked very well - http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/09/perfect-hard-boiled-eggs-2-pts.html
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It depends. I don't have a problem with only having two bigger meals a day, and sometimes prefer it. If I am not hungry at lunch but food access will be limited until dinner, then I will eat some nuts (or at least bring them with me) because going 8 hours during the day without food is not usually a good idea for me. Actually feeling "hunger" is pretty unreliable indicator for me, so I also look for lack of energy, crankiness, and lack of focus as hunger indicators, especially if it is a meal time.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Cheese. Something with cheese. It's easy for me to get in and even in just plain blocks, tasty enough for me to not resent going down.
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I know we're from different sides of 'the pond' and I know our diets generally are very different as well. But maybe you need more variety in your food plans? We have a saying here that variety is the spice of life! I know you have some amazing ethnic delicatessens etc over there so maybe try something new. Good luck! :)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    This is a foreign concept to me.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Scrambled Bald Eagle Eggs.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Cheese and nuts - together.