new to mfp- yoyo on exercise

rushfive
rushfive Posts: 603 Member
Just joined, hoping to loose a few pounds and live a healthy life. My trouble is exercise. I do great for a couple weeks then stop. Then a month later I start all over again.
Anybody else having trouble being consistent.
Hoping this site will help me out. Look forward to visiting all the postings.
Have a great day.

Replies

• kyrubas
    kyrubas Posts: 6 Member
    This might be of interewst

http://www.spring.org.uk/2009/09/how-long-to-form-a-habit.php

What I do is I work myself up in stages to go to the gym while only half thinking about it in the evening. I'll put on my gym shorts and do something relaxing, a little later I'll put on my gym shirt, then do something else around the apartment, put on my shoes and go do something else. Pretty soon I'm all dressed and since I've put all of this effort in getting dressed to go work out I may as well go do it.

At this point even if I don't feel like working out I drive myself there and once there I tell myself "You may as well work out since you drove here".

The funny thing is at the end of the workout I usually tell myself "That wasn't so bad, I can totally do that again! I can't wait to work out tomorrow."

I've been doing this a while now pretty consistently and missing a day just feels wrong.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Thank you.
    I really like the lifehacker site......I kind of got hooked on it there for a while...
    I will try some of them out.
  • jeep1lover
    jeep1lover Posts: 15 Member
    Ya, I'm good at loosing the weight. Then I gain the whole 20-30 back over a year or so. I just don't know how to maintain a good weigt. This is my third round of a yo yo diet. I am happy to support those who need encouragement on weight loss. Hope I can learn from others to maintain. Good luck to you all