Sticking to 1200 cals, exercise and not seeing much change

Options
13»

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on the hard work you put in to get to this very critical point. Now is the true test of your valor my friend. Best thing to start doing is not stressing over the last few lbs. Stress will cause your body to release a horomone that will effect your many mental and physical aspects to include weight loss. Best advice i would give to you is to actually get close to your calorie intake in which MFP has adviced for you i would say about 1000 but make sure you workout and burn at least 500 to 1000 calories. The thing is at this point the body is looking for something to burn for energy and if it has nothing then it will start "surviving." So give it the nutrients it needs but then force it to use those very nutrients so you can keep on dropping. Hope this information helps and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

tumblr_md738dWpdJ1rbkv03o1_250.gif
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You need to eat at least your BMR =) I had the same issue.. you have to eat enough! Upping my calories helped a LOT! 1200 worked for me for a little while.. I'm on it again now because I was off track for about 3-4 months.
  • shelbysp8
    shelbysp8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think 1200 calories is too low that's why I changed mine. Here's a link that will explain it all :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12:

Don't give up!:bigsmile:
  • kjohnson754
    kjohnson754 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself often. Every 5 weeks usually. Never let the scale dissuade you. Sometimes you lose inches and not pounds. Just keep doing what you're doing but make sure to eat. Your metabolism depends on it.
  • peacemesays
    Options
    I've been using myfitnesspal as a guideline for 3.5 weeks. Sticking to the 1200 cals, burning at least 300 in exercise daily 1/2 treadmill speed walk, 1/2 free weight and crunching, planks etc. Drinking lots of water, sleeping well...feeling great but seeing such small changes....measurement changes are minimal and lose about 2 pounds a week, then gain one, then lose one...etc...HALP!

make sure youre only weighing once a week, same time every time. your water weight is likely to be the same if you do, showing you the true results. i can weigh myself tonight and be 151 and weigh in the morning and be 149. its crazy.