Options
know1seep
know1seep Posts: 55 Member
what is your favourite lunch?

Replies

• sarab99
    sarab99 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I like variety, but hands down it's probably hummus. I use the horseradish, cilantro jalapeno, extra garlic etc. from Trader Joes.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    right now its light tuna mixed with 1 tablespoon mayo and diced tomatoes mixed together
    on 2 peices toasted white bread-
  • LazySalamander
    Options
    I just had the best sandwich recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Diabetes Meals! Not to sound like an advertisement but it is definitely going to be a staple for me from now on. It suggests a bagel thin but I used a whole wheat sandwich thin, tomato slices, radish slices, cucumber slices, about 1/4 cup of spinach, and a feta-greek yogurt spread made of about a table spoon of each plain greek yogurt and crumbled feta. YUM! It comes in at less then 200 calories too so help yourself to a couple! :)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I work from home, so currently my favorite lunch is making Flat Out ® flat bread pizza...so many different ways to top it and only 10 minutes till the first bite.
  • marysowter
    marysowter Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    MY favorite sandwich is lean bacon, lattice, tomato, cucumber, egg, a little light mayo on toasted bread very filling,keeps me going until our evening meal x
  • lumadances
    Options
    Any kind of sandwich on an arnolds sandwich thin. I especially love fresh vegetable sandwiches like arugula, tomato, cucumber, pickle, red onion, and then blue/feta/or goat cheese. But I'll do ham, tomato, and lettuce. Anything, really. A piece of fruit to go with like an orange or a pear. If I'm still hungry, then I'll have a yogurt as well.
  • spitzer1963
    Options
    How many calories is the tuna mixed with mayo and tomato?
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Current favourite-

Wholemeal pitta filled with tbspn houmous, 30g feta, tomato, fresh coriander and any salad leaves if I have them

2 egg omlette with peas and a little feta.

Both of those maybe need something else with them. A piece of fruit maybe.
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have something different but most days my lunch is 1/2c eggbeaters, 1/2 of an onion chopped, 1/2tbsp of flaxseed meal, with chili powder, salt and pepper. 2 tbsp's of Brummel and Brown's yogurt butter on 2 slices of Sara Lee's 45 calorie wheat bread toasted. total calories: 279
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky enough to be close enough to work that I often drive home and eat. Saves me from making poor choices :) I love to have 2 eggs scrambled and fresh fruit and a yogurt. I take carrots and celery back to work for a snack. Or I have lots of salad that I make up on Monday night in a large airtight bowl and eat it each day.
  • Chicka2cute06
    Options
    omg best lunch ever!!!.. Salad with dried cranberries and blueberries peices of apple a little bit of crab meet and lettace!!! yummy topped with oil and vinigar.. and to treat yourself a teaspoon of bacon bits.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    A field greens and fruit salad.

2 cups of Field Greens, 2 large strawberries(sliced), blackberries(about 5 or 6 cut in half) A couple slices of red onion, some chopped red pepper, a squeeze of lemon and 1/2 a tablespoon of a Mango Chipotle Dressing. On colder days, I warm the greens in a skillet then top it with the cold fruit...Sooo good! Sometimes I also toss in some nuts or granola for a little extra crunch!
  • JudibugDesigns
    JudibugDesigns Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tuna mixed with Kraft Sweet Onion Salad Dressing on whatver lower cal bread I have at the time :)
    I don't miss the mayo at all when I do it this way...way lower cal plus I developed a severe egg allergy a few years ago so this works great for me :)
  • bigred7764
    Options
    I live in China and the options for healthy foods are few. I've googled different recipes and tried the below. They were all SOOO good!

Grilled veggie mix wrap w/ hummus

Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili

Egg whites and sauteed veggie scramble

Blackbean Quinoa burgers

When I make these, I end up making about 6 portions. It lasts me all week and I look forward to my lunch:)