Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NSV - My waist is 6" smaller than I thought (with pics)

pocketmole
pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
My boyfriend and I were discussing waist measurements and how it relates to insulin resistance (he's reading a book about it at the moment). I told him, "Well I already know that my waist is X inches around so I'm in pretty bad shape there." We whipped out the tape measure and took turns checking one another's waist sizes. It turns out my waist was 6 inches smaller than I had imagined it to be in my head. 6! That was a crazy realization for me. My brain still thinks of my body as being the same as it was back in 2010, so that was a bit of an eye opener I guess. A nice one. :)

And a couple of bad photos for comparison:

belly1.jpg

Replies

• adeleinex
    adeleinex Posts: 18 Member
    Haha, that's awesome :)!
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    wowza 6 whole inches off is actually a pretty big number! congrats!!
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Brilliant :)
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    That's pretty awesome! And yes, can totally see it from the pictures! Congrats!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Record measurements in Goals and update them every month.. positive reinforcement and a visual reminder of progress even if the scale hasn't moved much. ;)
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Great job ! I can totally see the difference !
    WOOP ! WOOP !
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    LOL, that is an amazing realization. A huge difference in those photos. Great job! Keep up the good work with whatever your doing!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Great NSV, measurements always makes me happy when the scale ain't moving.
  • 6 inches is massive! Congrats :) Have you done anything in particular to try and target your belly fat? My waist has always been a sticking point for me, even when I was 17 and a size 8 I had a 27.5 inch waist :(. Currently 30 inches.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Honey you did that...nice results
  • donnab83
    donnab83 Posts: 105 Member
    That's amazing! Well done!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    6 inches is massive! Congrats :) Have you done anything in particular to try and target your belly fat? My waist has always been a sticking point for me, even when I was 17 and a size 8 I had a 27.5 inch waist :(. Currently 30 inches.

There isn't any way to target a specific area to lose fat, just try to slim down the overall. Some people are lucky enough to have tiny waists, but apple-shaped people like me will never sport an hourglass figure unfortunately! I try to compensate a little by working on my butt with things like dead lifts and other glute exercises. I do chest exercises to try and keep my boobs looking as good as I can manage. My hope is that keeping those other areas perky will help make my waist seem slimmer. Otherwise I just gotta keep shedding those pounds :]

Everyone else - Thanks a bunch!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!