Ever gotten mad at OTHER people's weight loss?

Options

Replies

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Only when they think that they are all that and a bag of chips! Humility goes a long way.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    HECK YAH!

I have an old who always complains that she has "5 pounds" to lose...She's small...And then always asks me how, blah blah blah...And then in two days it's gone. Meanwhile I struggle, eat healthy, and workout. 10 years later...same story...zzzzz.... lol

I just wouldn't mind smacking her upside the head at least once. JUST ONCE??? PLEASE? LOL
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I've not yet learned how to do that.

Great progress on your ticker...by the way! =)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    Don't know why this happens to be a common thing with lots of females I know. Even the fit ones criticize others who lose weight and look almost at good as they do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I get more annoyed with folks who have been on this journey as long as I have, but have lost significantly more than I have. Makes me feel like a failure!

yeah i have the same problem i see ppl dropping so much weigh so fast and i struggle to lose a pound
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It only really bothers me when people lose weight by not exercising and eating crap, but not very much of it. I try and be healthy and exercise lots and it took me years to lose the 80lbs I did. Yes, I'm healthy, but still... I had moments of anger.
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    So, let me get this straight. YOU encouraged HER to form better habits and lose weight, and now she is. And you're upset that she is because she's going to look better than you?

Wow, I'm glad we don't work together.
  • Logical_Integrity
    Options
    No.
  • lauraj2015
    lauraj2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Competition is a blessing in disguise!! Work hard to beat her weight loss!! :)
  • Bunnyguru
    Bunnyguru Posts: 18
    Options
    I have been really jealous and even angry at a friend once... because while i was working hard to lose my weight healthy way, she just quit eating and spent every free moment exercising. It felt like she was cheating but i was still jealous cause she looked amazing. What made me really mad were the comments from other friends and colleagues who just praised her and didnt even care how she was doing it and that it made her sick.
    2 years later and she has gained back all that weight. But at least she is healthier now and eating again.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

i get mad at "diet tyrants" - you know, those who know it all and tell you how to eat and live, no matter how stupid the plan sounds to you... and they go on and on and on about it... and then a few weeks later its the same tirades, just a different regimen....

I got very upset at a friend of mine who is obese and started this "diet" called USANA.She insisted that, since Dr Oz endorsed it, it was a "way better" diet plan than I was doing -- watching calories and exercising regularly, while giving up wheat and grains.

She got mad at me for counting calories one night while we were out, telling me "Oh, it's the weekend, STOP being so uptight!" Meanwhile, she was slugging down diet Red Bulls and vodka drinks like nobody's business. Then after I lost the weight, I went over to her house and she greeted me with "Hey there, bones!"

Needless to say, she is STILL obese today. So, I get angry when obese people tell non-obese people how to lose weight.
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    After I've been doing this for so long sometimes I have a hard time watching as a lot of people around me have been getting weight loss surgery and losing just as much or more weight than me way faster and without anywhere near the amount of effort. It's tough not to be a little jealous, especially on those frustrating "this is taking FOREVER" days, but I just keep reminding myself that I am awesome and I'm doing what's best for ME.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    NEVER. I feel happy for them.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    NO why would I?
  • ImpossibleGrl
    Options
    I am always happy for others' successes. I'm not generally envious, though, because my own self esteem is so low that I can't ever imagine doing as well as them anyway, so there is nothing for me to be jealous of, because it is simply un-achievable for me. I have a hard enough time with my own goals without worrying about someone else's, I guess...
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I get more annoyed with folks who have been on this journey as long as I have, but have lost significantly more than I have. Makes me feel like a failure!

^^^^^^^ DITTO!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I totally get it. It's like, why does it seem so easy for them. For the record, it is harder to see your own progress. In stead of focusing on the weight loss, try focusing on something else that you have more control over...like getting in 10,000 steps a day. Then you can be like "I rock, I got 10,000 steps in today!" Also, all those steps help with weight loss...so it's a win/win situation.
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a different weight loss journey. I don't get jealous of people that lose weight or are in better shape then me I feel happy for them and I use them for my motivation. I tell myself i want to look like that to and I can with consistent working out and eating clean.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Some time ago, I used to get very envious and feel like I wasn't doing good enough when other people would lose more weight than I did. Inevitably, it would cause me to sabotage myself and go off track with my own journey every time.

In time, I've learned that it's better to make friends in this journey to encourage and be encouraged by and we can all do better in our weight loss.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm experiencing this right now. My husband and I are tackling our weight loss goals together and I love having him on this journey with me. I've been a serial dieter for over 20 years and it's great to have the support system, but yesterday when he weighed in and had lost another 4 pounds I found myself feeling angry and petty about it, which then left me feeling guilty. I love that he's lost the weight and I want him to be successful, but sometimes I get so consumed by the jealousy that I have negative reactions. And although I say I'm angry, it's not at the results that he has had but at myself for years of abuse to my body that has left my system so unresponsive.

So yes, I completely understand how you're feeling right now. My reaction today was to do the 30 day shred and go for a walk. Maybe I just need to step things up a notch!