Bikini season

Options
I'm going on a cruise in two months, and I wanted to know how people really felt about girls without perfect bodies wearing bikinis.

I'm 5'11 and I've gone from 215lbs to 176lbs, and I'm hoping to be 170lbs by the time we leave. I want to wear a bikini, because I just don't feel like covering up anymore - but do you think I'll get stared at? I'm proud of where I'm at, but at the same time, I'm scared of being judged.

Replies

• learninmama
    learninmama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wear what ever you are comfortable in! If you are comfortable & confident it will show ;) Be proud!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Don't ever dress for the comfort of strangers.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Girl, be so proud of the progress you have made. If you feel comfy then flaunt it. There is nothing more attractive then someone who is comfy in their body at any size. Get a tan, don't cover up and love yourself. If people are staring it might be out of jealousy!!!
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    If you want to wear it and show off your hard work then do so :).
    However people will stare people are rude, so you might hear some people snicker or say some things, but really it wouldn't matter if you where the juicist peach in the world there will still be people who don't like peaches. You can't make every one happy so make your self happy, and it will show.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Honestly not many people on Vacations really care about how much they weigh or what someone else weighs... they are there to have fun and enjoy their time... I went to mexico a few years back before i ever started working out, and i felt a little pudgy defiantly was no where near as fit as i am now... everyone else there was far more over weight then i was, they were still having just as good of a time. Dont worry about what others will think... if you feel comfortable wearing a Bikini then thats all that matters :)
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Wear what makes you feel happy and confident. If other people want to spend the cruise being Judgy McJudgerson, it's their loss.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I have never had a "bikini" body, and I have still worn bikinis in the past. If you can, when you shop, find one that will flatter your shape, cover some of the most obvious trouble areas (like full bottoms to cover the buttocks), and other wise enjoy! As the previous poster stated: If you are confident, it will show. And, nothing wears better than confidence!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Come to the Jersey shore...girls don't care whether or not they SHOULD be down here lol.

If you're comfortable and confident, go for it!! You've done some hard work...be proud of how far you've come and show it off!
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You should post a bikini picture for a better analysis
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Yes people will stare, but not for the reason you think. Enjoy it!
  • paintedr3d
    Options
    As long as you have huge cans no one will be looking below your chest too notice anything bad
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    As long as you have huge cans no one will be looking below your chest too notice anything bad

yep. this guy knows.
  • Soula7475
    Soula7475 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!! I recommend ordering from Victoria's Secret (at least the top) because they fit amazingly and shape great in all the right places.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Thank god for my Ds!
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!! I recommend ordering from Victoria's Secret (at least the top) because they fit amazingly and shape great in all the right places.

Yes! I just got a suit from there and one from J Crew. I definitely need a top in a bra size, to shape the girls right
  • MeganG12345
    MeganG12345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Total honesty: If someone was extremely overweight I might side eye them wearing a bikini. I would never do or say anything to make them feel bad, but I might have a fleeting thought of "That probably wasn't the best choice." I'm not saying that's right or fair, but it's the truth.

You however are no where near extremely overweight. You worked hard and want to show off. I say go for it.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Why do you care how other people feel? Rock that bikini. Most people don't care. I never did, and I grew up by the beach. I've seen all shapes and sizes in a bikini.
  • noexcuses84
    noexcuses84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wear what ever you are comfortable in! If you are comfortable & confident it will show ;) Be proud!!

THIS!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I just went away to Mexico and wore a bikini for the first time since my pregnancies all but killed my belly (I haven't worn a bikini in 8 years). I felt okay in it after a day or so feeling awkward being so naked. No one thought anything of it and I most certainly don't look anywhere near awesome in it.

Don't be hard on yourself... the more I looked around me the more "normal" people I saw wearing bikinis and the more comfortable I felt.

This is my less-than-awesome bikini body work-in-progress:

19313071_2447.jpg
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Wear what you like! Then OWN it.

And good for you, mrsbigmack! I decided a few days ago that my reward for reaching goal weight will be the first bikini I've had since the mid-'80s.