Calories to go- not hungry at all

ajcrain
ajcrain Posts: 25 Member
I just finished dinner and I'm stuffed but I still have about 500 cals left! Do I eat them or not?

Replies

• alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    I say no. I don't think you should eat if you're not hungry, and a 500 calorie deficit one day is definitely not going to sabotage you, just like going over by 500 calories one day won't.
  • trshrbn
    trshrbn Posts: 3 Member
    I wouldn't because this will keep you under your calories and help you lose weight.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I wouldn't because this will keep you under your calories and help you lose weight.

MFP figures in a deficit already.. So even if he/she was to eat them, they would still be under their calories and lose weight.

To OP:
    You don't have to eat them, but know it's just making a bigger deficit.

Maybe save them for a late night snack? That's what I would do... lol
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member

You're fine not going to your goal but not for this reason.

I think you know already that you need to get to your goal for the day and as close to 0 calories left/over the amount (as well as your nutrition break down).

As said by alychil820, you're not going to hurt yourself with this one night. You're trying to get around -3500 calories by the end of 7 days so a day where you might of ate more would make up for it.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Depends on what your usual deficit is, and how much you've been eating lately. For me, when I was on a 500-calorie deficit, being under by more than 200 calories at the end of the day would make me really really hungry and low-energy the next day. I learned quickly to make up at least some of the deficit before bed even if I wasn't hungry.

Now that I'm on a 250-cal deficit, I can comfortably leave 300 or even a little more at the end of the day and not feel it in the morning--but I can't do that more than a couple of days or it seems to catch up with me. I've never tried to leave as much as 500, though--I think I would try to bring it down by at least a couple of hundred. Doesn't have to be much--a spoonful or two of peanut butter, a handful of nuts, a glass of milk.
  • If you aren't hungry, don't eat. If you are hungry (and not just bored or dehydrated), eat! It's pretty simple how that works, really.

You might have some of those extra cals at breakfast if you wake up famished.
  • ajcrain
    ajcrain Posts: 25 Member
    I just bumped up my calorie goal awhile back to 1300 per day. I still don't know if that's enough because my tdee -% is around 1600. I'm finding it hard to even eat 1300 calories per day let alone 1600. I do JM30ds about 4-5 days a week and cardio about 3 days. I also light lift about 2 days a week.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    If you only have 10lbs to go you should be eating TDEE minus 10% so it looks to me you are eating a lot less than you should regularly? Not good.