Am I doing to much?

Options
I do the insanity workouts before I go to work, I have a very physical job to where I am constantly walking and always carrying something, then once I get home I lift. I also have two children that I take care of afterwards. I never sit down except for maybe an hour after my children go to bed and then I go to bed. I figured once I started eating clean that I would lose weight quickly and it did to start out. Now I'm stuck. I have tried several different ways, upping my calories and lowering my calories. Nothing seems to be working anymore. I am 5' 8" and still weigh 194. My goal is 160. I have never weighed under 190 in my adult life. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Insanity, if done as laid out, is meant to be your only exercise.

That being said, I like to incorporate it as the cardio that I do on days off of lifting.

Are your calorie and macro goals set at the right levels? Since you are doubling up on your workouts on a daily basis, it sounds like you might be undereating if you are stalled out.
  • dj7879
    dj7879 Posts: 22
    Options
    I was only eating 1800 calories a day and I stalled. So I upped it to 3000 after I bought a bbodymedia fit and realized I was burning over 4000 calories a day. I lost a few pounds that week so I kept it there for a month but no more weight loss since then. This is my second time doing insanity and I lift 4 days a week. I only use insanity for cardio.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    id ditch Insanity and try something new............ keep that body guessing.
  • dj7879
    Options
    Plus I have no idea what my macros are suppose to be. I will say it is hard for me to get to my carb goal. I work outside and can't bring food with me that needs heated up. My only option is to eat breads, fruits, and vegetables for carbs. For dinner I will make a sweet potato or brown rice. There is only so many vegetables I can eat before I am totally full and nowhere near my calorie goal.
  • dj7879
    Options
    id ditch Insanity and try something new............ keep that body guessing.

I am planning on running in the morning once I reach my goal weight. I enjoy running but I quit before because of knee pain and shin splints because I have flat feet. Insanity doesn't seem to bother them.