i really want ice cream right now...

Options

Replies

• lauramcconnell7535
    lauramcconnell7535 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream and chocolate too, when i'm craving it, I promise myself I can have it tomorrow, then leave room for it in my calorie totals, that way I have to earn it but I still get to give into the craving.

welcome to mfp, I sent you an add, having friends on here is a huge help.
  • 84lbs84days
    Options
    I don't want the chemicals. I'm so sick and tires of corporations "telling" us they are selling us one thing and actually giving us something different. Ice cream, even all "natural" falls into this category too. Which isn't right... as I like it TOO! But, where does an "all natural" ice cream get their milk from? Were the cows raised without hormones? Where did the eggs come from? How about the cream?

I know this may sound trivia. But just because they say they have natural ingredients doesn't mean the berries (if you have a strawberry ice cream) are not grown without pesticides or harmful fertilizers.

I'm not against eating great foods. I'm against not knowing what is in my food and against companies not telling us the truth. I want to be fit and healthy. Inside and out. Low calorie does not always equal healthy. A 50 calorie piece of white, enriched, bread (white typically means it has been bleached and most likely stripped of all its natural vitamins) isn't "healthy" or nutritious.

Companies are on an advertising kick right now where the fad is "low calorie" means it is good for you. Nutrition is what our body needs. You can eat 2,000 calories a day in marshmallows and be nutritionally depleted.

I'm here... and I have been using MFP since Jan 12th, 2013, when I weighed 252 pounds! 13 weeks later, on April 14th, I weighed 181 pounds! I'm still losing weight! And I love it! I'm 5' 10" I want to get my BMI to a "healthy" level and then tone up some. Most important goal... internal and overall health so I can run, be active with and enjoy my family!
  • croooz
    croooz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Account for it in your log, eat it, and move on. You could abstain through will-power but sometimes the backlash is worse later on in the week. So I recommend you work with your mind instead of working against it. To lose weight it's merely about creating a deficit. Nutritionally not all calories are equal but mathematically they are. So...account for it in your log, decide whether or not you will eat it, and move on.
  • Victoriously2013
    Options
    ... but instead i am going to say hi to everyone and hope the craving goes away! I am new and looking for friends and motivation. Dont be afraid to say hello :)

Hi!
    I just snuck in two tablespoons of moose tracks. Only 7 calories according to my food diary. I also like the no sugar added fudge bars. Those are great. Anyway, there is ice cream out there that you should be able to have that won't put you over your calorie count. Enjoy, and good luck!
  • doitmiss
    doitmiss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    that is my biggest weakness especially in summer time
  • jenniferrhonda
    Options
    My weakness is over endulging. Hope your craving goes away.
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hey gurl! What I do is get almond milk 30 cals, ice and two splenda's , hits the spot most of the time:)
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    So have some. I love Crystal Farms Frozen Yogurt. So good. Specially if you add a little fruit and some chopped nuts, It tastes so naughty! Think I am gonna have to go get some now......
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just had ice cream :)

Enjoy some yourself! Make room for it in your food choices. Do not deprive yourself of things you enjoy.
    That is a recipe for disaster when it comes to weight loss. I know from experience :)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    ViuA6oB.gif

That's like an adult's ballpit! lol
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    maybe some greek froyo, Healthy Choice makes some it come in a three pack and they are preportioned and SOO yummy!
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I eat coconut milk ice cream, if I can fit it in my calories and its not going to over throw anything. I will eat it, the more you deny yourself of something the worse you will binge on it when you do decide to have just a little.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    ViuA6oB.gif

:love:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gonna have some ice cream now..... sounds great
  • scribega
    scribega Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Snickers ice cream minis - 90 calories. If I have enough calories then I eat 2.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gonna have some ice cream now..... sounds great

My thoughts Exactly Jac!!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a few spoonfuls of splenda (I don't measure it but around 2-3tbsp), and 2tsp PB2. put it in a small ziploc bag and mix it up until blended. Fill a gallon freezer bag with ice and salt. Put small bag in large bag. Shake for ~10 minutes. 30 calorie peanut butter ice cream. YW.
    a2ef81fb1cfd28fd8f11c843ebfa68b3_zps2ca3a205.jpg
  • mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    freeze some banana then blend them up till smooth add some greek yogurt and peanut butter mix well then put in freezer or in popsicle molds and it really helps me with ice cream and sweet cravings but it is all healthy for you and a really good protein option....in fact I have some in my freezer right now :) I think I will have some !
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I eat a serving of Talenti gelato every day.
  • yuko120
    yuko120 Posts: 36
    Options
    Oooooh. My #1 weakness is ice cream. I'm getting used to frozen yogurt & skinny cow brand ice creams. I've been getting the individually pre-packaged kind instead of tubs, because I still can't control myself to just have one serving.