NSV - My waist is 6" smaller than I thought (with pics)

Options
pocketmole
pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
My boyfriend and I were discussing waist measurements and how it relates to insulin resistance (he's reading a book about it at the moment). I told him, "Well I already know that my waist is X inches around so I'm in pretty bad shape there." We whipped out the tape measure and took turns checking one another's waist sizes. It turns out my waist was 6 inches smaller than I had imagined it to be in my head. 6! That was a crazy realization for me. My brain still thinks of my body as being the same as it was back in 2010, so that was a bit of an eye opener I guess. A nice one. :)

And a couple of bad photos for comparison:

belly1.jpg

Replies

• adeleinex
    adeleinex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Haha, that's awesome :)!
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    wowza 6 whole inches off is actually a pretty big number! congrats!!
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Brilliant :)
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    That's pretty awesome! And yes, can totally see it from the pictures! Congrats!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Record measurements in Goals and update them every month.. positive reinforcement and a visual reminder of progress even if the scale hasn't moved much. ;)
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great job ! I can totally see the difference !
    WOOP ! WOOP !
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    LOL, that is an amazing realization. A huge difference in those photos. Great job! Keep up the good work with whatever your doing!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Great NSV, measurements always makes me happy when the scale ain't moving.
  • Katieloula
    Options
    6 inches is massive! Congrats :) Have you done anything in particular to try and target your belly fat? My waist has always been a sticking point for me, even when I was 17 and a size 8 I had a 27.5 inch waist :(. Currently 30 inches.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Honey you did that...nice results
  • donnab83
    donnab83 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Well done!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    6 inches is massive! Congrats :) Have you done anything in particular to try and target your belly fat? My waist has always been a sticking point for me, even when I was 17 and a size 8 I had a 27.5 inch waist :(. Currently 30 inches.

There isn't any way to target a specific area to lose fat, just try to slim down the overall. Some people are lucky enough to have tiny waists, but apple-shaped people like me will never sport an hourglass figure unfortunately! I try to compensate a little by working on my butt with things like dead lifts and other glute exercises. I do chest exercises to try and keep my boobs looking as good as I can manage. My hope is that keeping those other areas perky will help make my waist seem slimmer. Otherwise I just gotta keep shedding those pounds :]

Everyone else - Thanks a bunch!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!