bump
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bumping to watch later.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Wow, very interesting! What I found the most scary was the part about the virus. I had a cold a couple of weeks ago, and while I kept exercising and eating few calories, I gained weight at my last weigh-in and couldn't figure out why. Now I'm worried I have the chicken virus! :-/

Ha, when I first heard about the fat virus, I wondered if there could be a lean virus. Well, one that doesn't kill you in the process. :(

A lean virus! Ha! Well that's certainly one I'll be hoping to catch. j/k
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I Found this really interesting thanks for posting.

I'm definitely the kid at the table eating the chocolates, I found it easy to maintain my weight at a higher weight as I ate what I wanted and stayed the same weight within a few lbs. Id say within the space of 5 yrs I gained 14lbs

My weight loss has also been interesting it went down quite quick then stopped then dropped off again now im at a point of stopping again (past 2weeks) however I feel this week the wheels will be rolling again. I don't feel i've lost that much muscle at all if anything gained more muscle. My lean body mass seems high for my weight (169 Lean body mass, height 5,8.5).

I am aiming to eat at a deficit of 1580 and eating back exercise calories, however if I look back at my diary on non exercise days I very rarely achieve 1580 as I find it too low so I end up on 1800 which is more comfortable.

With 14lbs to go I am looking forward to maintaining my goal weight, I think aiming for 2000 calories will be my aim for all the inaccuracies with calorie counting means ill end up between 2000 -2500. Which will be interesting to see if I maintain or gain weight.

I find my body interesting as I have about 18% body fat at the moment, while you can see the tops of my abs an the layer of fat over my abs has become thinner the lower part of my stomach still needs to shift some more fat cells. The love handles are smaller but not yet gone.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • McSpike
    McSpike Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump so it shows up in my topics

Great video, and some interesting theories.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Bumping to watch later
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Just watched it. Amazing. The good news is I was a really skinny kid when I was growing up. i also realize after these 2.5 mths. My breathing slows down (maybe because of yoga) to a point that I was experiencing dizzy spells ands almost black out. so i took down 1 of my 2 blood pressure meds. Maybe it's my body trying to hold onto my body weight.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I'm surprised some people can lay in more muscle instead of fat when they overeat... that guy, Martin is really really lucky!
    A

Yes!! I was very, very jealous! :)

Yeah, I found that to be the most interesting part of the video. And it's true also for how a person builds muscle. A lot of people talk about where we store fat as being genetic. But, there is also a genetic component to how our muscles develop when they are well trained (or even stay developed during breaks from training). Our shape is not just defined by where we store and don't store fat, but also by how our muscles develop.

It also doesn't surprise me. I have always been an active person and a dancer and focused on fitness. But, even through pregnancies and breaks I have always been very small and never went over 110 pounds (except when pregnant). I don't know if that's because of genetics or because I would leap into action if I started to gain. But, it's likely a combination of the two.
  • magiccat32
    Options
    bump for later
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    A lean virus! Ha! Well that's certainly one I'll be hoping to catch. j/k

Ditto! lol J/K

Great share, thank you!
  • petercruzs
    Options
    bump
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    bumpp for later
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump for tommorow
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I just watched this documentary. Very informative and very interesting. I have been relatively thin all my life. I was a skinny kid, a skinny teen, and pretty thin until about 30. Then I gained weight...not a drastic amount, just enough that I felt overweight. I always look at my parents as a benchmark of how I will look when I am their age. I think genetics plays a big part in the big scheme of things. But it doesn't mean you can't control a little bit of that and watch what you eat and exercise.
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bump for reading this evening at home - thanks for posting !
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Bump. Sounds intereting. Thanks.