All Inclusive Resort Holidays?!

Options
So i fly to Turkey with my other half on 30th April and i'm getting very worried about food! It's going to be the first week without being able to log what i eat on MFP and i have a horrible feeling i'm going to undo some of the work i've put in to get where i am now.

Does anyone have any advise or tips on what to eat at an all inclusive resort?

I don't want to come back and be half a stone heavier.

HELPPPPPPP!

Replies

• kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Most all inclusive will have salad as an option, try having that to start each meal so that you dont fill up on less healthy food, drink lots of water. Does your hotel have a gym? If not try swimming lots or going for lots of walks, my downfall is the alcohol, so try and alternate each alcoholic drink with water.

Go enjoy it and get straight back on track when you get home, you cannot put on 7lbs of fat in 7 days unless you go and eat chocolate all day!!
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You should have no troubles! If you give them some notice they will happily prepare something for you and if you are consistent, they will do it the whole time you are there. Don't forget to tip well.....makes all the difference. Having said that, have a wonderful time!
  • noturningback91
    noturningback91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying, I'm probably just panicking for nothing lol. Definitely going to try eating a big salad bowl as like a starter, then if i fancy anything else i won't want as much of it. :) x
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I did one to Spain & the salad bar was great loads of variety & there was grilled meats & we had different fish everyday -

it will all be down to willpower (NOT my strong point)

On my all inclusive which was just British guests, they even had chips on the breakfast menu :noway:
    I would laugh but the amount of kids that were having this for their brekkie was scary !!!

Have a fabulous holiday :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I went on a 12 day cruise for my honeymoon, I was happy I only gain 200gm, which is not much at all,
    this is what i did
    I always took the stair
    stayed awat from bread
    eat at the best resturant which often have smaller protions
    never eat at the bufferies u put too much food on your plate
    I choose low cal dessarts
    have a wine at night and no more
    hit the gym if you can
    walk walk and walk
    if meals eg meat or carbs are too big cut in half and put to one side
    salad for starters
    ask for sauce and dressing to have on the side so you can have as much as YOU want

I love quote so here is a couple

Everyday you have the choice to get closer to your goals or farther away from them. You have the choice. It's up to you and only you.

"Take charge. Write your own story."

"broccoli gets stuck in your teeth, french fries get stuck on your *kitten*"

I hope this helps
  • banana_butterfly
    banana_butterfly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am incredibly jealous of you... All inclusive resorts in Turkey have the best buffets I have ever seen. I actually would suggest against dieting while there because there is an incredible variety of lean meats(hello juicy kebabs! you will not find those anywhere else, I assure you) tomato and cucumber based salads, yogurt and milk desserts. There is a lot of variety, so you won't be eating a lot of the same thing, most likely you will fill up before you eat too many calories anyways. I actually lost 5 pounds at an all inclusive at Turkey, there were really REALLY good veggie dishes as well as those salads. Don't fret!