Cowboy Boots

Options
MereExtraordinaire
MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
Ok ladies and gents, today I come to you for advice on footwear. My boyfriend and I have recently developed a new hobby/passion: two-stepping and country line dancing. Which means we are out dancing at the country bar once or twice a week. I bought a super-cheap pair at Charlotte Russe about 3-4 weeks ago, and needless to say they are already trashed. I tend to wear my boots pretty often, I absolutely love them! But now I need to invest in a pair of hardy boots that will last me for years. I want something tough, able to withstand the inevitable mashing when my partner steps on my toes, but also unique, fashionable, and cute. I am hoping to stay under the $150-200 range. Who has experience with boots and can recommend a good brand and a reasonably priced place to get them (either online or otherwise)? I have heard good things about Old Gringo boots?

Also ... General cowboy boots and two-stepping discussion thread! :)

Replies

• workout_fish
    workout_fish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    countryoutfitters.com. Endless supply of cute cowboy boots on this website! And they are all made to last!
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Ariat boots!!!! I use to sell cowboy boots and I currently own at least three pair! Ariat boots are the best they are comfortable and once worn in, easy to dance in (instead of most boots they don't have leather soles. You want to scuff up the bottoms some or you will stick to the dance floor, I know from experience!!)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I used to dance in a pair of plain ol' Justin ropers. They were comfortable, low heeled, and short, so I shins/feet didn't get all sweaty. It's been a while, but you can still get a pair for less than $125.
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ariat has some nice boots. My brothers wear them to rodeo and ride and they hold up pretty good doing that. So they should work for dancing. I have never used my cowboy boots to dance, so I don't know what holds up and what doesn't. But I have always liked Ariat and they have a wide variety of boots for women and men! Have fun! When you get some post a pic! :)
  • JT_Taylor_99
    Options
    Tony Lama boots are very good quality and they have plenty of selections in your desired price range.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies and gents, today I come to you for advice on footwear. My boyfriend and I have recently developed a new hobby/passion: two-stepping and country line dancing. Which means we are out dancing at the country bar once or twice a week. I bought a super-cheap pair at Charlotte Russe about 3-4 weeks ago, and needless to say they are already trashed. I tend to wear my boots pretty often, I absolutely love them! But now I need to invest in a pair of hardy boots that will last me for years. I want something tough, able to withstand the inevitable mashing when my partner steps on my toes, but also unique, fashionable, and cute. I am hoping to stay under the $150-200 range. Who has experience with boots and can recommend a good brand and a reasonably priced place to get them (either online or otherwise)? I have heard good things about Old Gringo boots?

Also ... General cowboy boots and two-stepping discussion thread! :)

I don't like Old Gringo boots, but I'm a cowboy boot snob lol I've been wearing cowboy boots for years and have only ever owned the ariats. They are the most comfortable boot ever!
  • DanaeMonique
    DanaeMonique Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Laredo brand boots, I got them from the Shepler's website. They were on sale for $109. I love them, I've had them for 3 years now, I wear them often, and they are a medium brown color with turquiose stiching. Very cute!
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have 2 pairs of Justin's.. from a shop in Georgia, Perry (Mc'Donaldd Western Store) They are amazingly comfortable. I'm from the UK and bought a pair each time I visit my Aunt n Uncle in Georgia. I have another pair which are short but I cant remember what make! All 3 are amazing.
  • jaymesjourney
    Options
    cavenders.com

Buy a pair of Justin Gypsys. They are the MOST COMFORTABLE shoes you will ever wear :) I wear mine almost everyday! The perfect toe is either a square(if you wear jeans with them) or pointed toes(for dressy types). Get about a half size bigger than what you normally wear. I have about 4 pairs of justins and they are still great after dancing every weekend at the country bars 5 years ago!
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Don't know much about Women's boots. My wife wears Ariat's. I also recommend Justin. There is A Cavender's in KC,Kansas. You can also look them up online.
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    countryoutfitters.com. Endless supply of cute cowboy boots on this website! And they are all made to last!

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

I wear cowboy boots every day to work and I work in Health Care :)! - However, my Ariat's have held up the best! I also wear them dancing although line dancing has gone out of style in our area I love to 2-step, 3-step, swing, polka, waltz, jitter-bug and I wear cowboy boots to do that as well!
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    in the past I always bought Justin boots but I just recently invested ($129.00 on sale) in a pair of Durango boots and I :heart: them!! I wore them the first time to the county fair & rodeo, which requires A LOT of walking, was kinda nervous but they were super comfortable!!! No blisters or rubs at all!!
    The added plus is they are pink & bling :love:

http://www.durangoboot.com/Products/detail.aspx?productId=15116&name=Durango-Benefitting-Susan-G-Komen-Womens-Western
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I wear cowboy boots every day to work and I work in Health Care :)! - However, my Ariat's have held up the best! I also wear them dancing although line dancing has gone out of style in our area I love to 2-step, 3-step, swing, polka, waltz, jitter-bug and I wear cowboy boots to do that as well!

I do have a pair of Ariat's too and they have lasted a long time, just wanted something different when I found the Durango pair.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I've been in the same pair of Justin's for about 8 years. Re-soled once and heel replaced twice. I've done everything from walking through sand, snow, *kitten*, fire and two-stepped in em.
  • MereExtraordinaire
    Options
    Wow, thanks everybody! I'm hearing the Ariat brand tossed around quite a bit. I have never spent so much money on one pair of shoes, but I can look at it as an investment if they last me several years!
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    I used to buy really expensive boots, but found that I was going through them way to quickly. I wear my boots pretty much every day. I bought a pair of Justin Boots, just for a cheep pair and feel in love with them. Paid approximated $80 for them at Tractor Supply Co. and they lasted me 3 years. About a year ago, I bought a slightly nice pair of Justin Boots for $120. They still look great. I get compliments on them all the time. For an inexpensive pair of boots that are comfortable and durable, I would definitely recommend Justin Boots.
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    I love my Justins! I have these and they are awesome! http://www.justinboots.com/boots/Womens_Gypsy_landing.html?424fccf8=L9901
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    my ex swore by Justins.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    More importantly...what Charlotte Russe do you shop at that the boots were "super cheap"? I would like to go to that one, please! :D
  • MereExtraordinaire
    Options
    More importantly...what Charlotte Russe do you shop at that the boots were "super cheap"? I would like to go to that one, please! :D
    Right here in Kansas City! I have always found Charlotte Russe to be an inexpensive store for the kind of clothes and accessories they sell. My bright aqua boots were only like $40.