I'm having a hard time eating over 5,000 calories

Options
13»

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Just curious what you are doing... When I was running at my peak, I could burn 2000-2200 cals on a run, but that was 10-11 miles. You must be a marathoner!

Today I did a 14 mile run and then followed it with a 6 mile walk with someone else.

Do you use an HRM? I read several articles that stated a person burns approximately 100 calories per mile ran/walked- so you'd only be averaging 2000 calories for exercise.

I use a HRM. Knowing what my heart rate is is a major part of my training. I burn closer to 200 calories per mile but I really look at it as a per-hour burn assessment. I normally burn close to 1200 per hour running. It's a little over or under depending on what my current pace/heart rate is. I weigh in the neighborhood of 208 pounds so that makes a difference too. I expect if you only weigh 140 it would be much less.

14Mile_2_zpsf1a5a1dc.jpg
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken and waffle smoothie! Goes down eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy!

If not that, add a few of those to other days (assuming you burn the 5,000 early in the week). I was about 600 under one day so I added exercise calories under the name "adjustment" for future days at a rate of 100 calories for every minute. So for the day after, I added in 6 minutes of "adjustment" exercise. I typically remove them at the end of the day. It's primarily to remind me throughout the day that I have an extra XXX calories.