Ready to get started

Options
Good Morning. My name is Dona and I just joined today. I'm looking for motivation, accountability and fitness ideas. I just started my fitness chanllenge this week--changed my eating habits and started exercising this week. It's always hard to get started, but I can keep motivated once I get down the road. I had knee replacement surgery last Sept, so looking for tips on exercising. I'm using a exercise DVD right now -- I can't always do everything, but keep moving or modify the exercise if I can.

Looking forward to a new slimmer fit me in the future.

Dona

Replies

• sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    DVDs are great especially when you start and can only do half... in a few weeks you will be doing it all! Just do your best and forget the rest (oh God, I am now Tony Horton.) Modification is key and maybe trying to get a lower-impact workout or some swimming can help too.

Welcome and good luck on your journey. :)
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome Donna, you have come to the right place.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome Donna, you have come to the right place.
  • LittlePam
    LittlePam Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi Dona,

I'm new too! I hope this works out well!

Pam
  • KrissyD70
    KrissyD70 Posts: 92
    Options
    I really got started on July 1st and I've lost 7 lbs! I really believe in this website. It has kept me honest about what I eat. By the way, I will be having a knee replacement in August or September. Could you message me about your experience as I'm quite nervous. By the way I'm 40. Young for a knee replacement, but I've got to do it.
  • tplumbtree
    Options
    I started this week also. I am tired of being tired all the time. It's great to know there are other people out there who feel the same way I do. When you have the support of others in the same boat it's a lot easier. I've struggled with my weight all my life but this time I'm using the skills I've learned to make this the last time I weigh 260. I want a healthy life where I can go do anything I want and not worry about my weight slowing me down.
  • Sweetu1681
    Sweetu1681 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. My name is Hitesh and I just joined a couple of days ago. I just realized there is a community forum today. I'm looking for motivation, accountability and fitness ideas. It's always hard to get started, but with a good support to keep tabs on me I think I can accomplish my fitness goals and become a healthy person. I am working on trying to get in shape to walk a half marathon in October. I look forward to getting to know new people.
  • nelsonwd
    nelsonwd Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi Krissy,

I sent you a message.

Dona
  • carol2609
    Options
    Hello Donna,
    I also had a knee replacement about 8/9 months ago, I have started walking more but I find that my ankle swells sometimes then I have to rest my leg, thought of geting a Wii Fit because I don't fancy the gym, what video do you use.

Carol