Binging :(

Options
Hi there,
I keep binging. It is uncontrollable. I do "good" for 2 days. I eat 1500 calories plus exercise calories back and I eat 100 grams of protein, etc. but for some reason I just cannot stop. I have been doing this for a month and I have gained 6 pounds. I need to get control. Can anyone help me? I just want to cry and I feel like I cannot get back on the wagon?!!

Ah, the tears are coming...

Replies

• nurse_beck
    nurse_beck Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I sent you a PM.
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have suffered with binge eating for many years. One of the major triggers for me was fatigue. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos a few months ago and now I understand some of the things going on in my body and why I am so tired, Since the diagnosis I have been able to concentrate a little more on my eating habits. The point is I could not understand why I could not control the binging. The diagnosis gave me an answer and eliviated some pressure for me. Hang in there. Try keeping an journal and logging when you bing, noting what happened earlier and how you were phycially and emotionally feeling. You may find a specific trigger and then from there you can make some changes to keep yourself from slipping into the binging pattern.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I keep binging. It is uncontrollable. I do "good" for 2 days. I eat 1500 calories plus exercise calories back and I eat 100 grams of protein, etc. but for some reason I just cannot stop. I have been doing this for a month and I have gained 6 pounds. I need to get control. Can anyone help me? I just want to cry and I feel like I cannot get back on the wagon?!!

Ah, the tears are coming...
    keep in mind that i in no way mean this to be rude but you need to drop the "its uncontrollable" attitude because with that you just letting it be uncontrollable. you do have the ability to not binge you just gotta be strong and not let the desire to binge control you you have to control it. it takes time to be able to overcome something like this but you will never be able to if you have the attitude that its uncontrollable. its like someone smoking cigarettes saying they cannot quit they have the "uncontrollable" urge to smoke. same concept you just gotta stay strong and find your strength to be able to say no to food and not binge. i know you can do it if you work at it, people quit smoking right? YOU CAN DO IT
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Reading some articles on niashanks.com and stopping counting calories on MFP have both helped me tremendously.
  • Finding_Freedom
    Options
    Any other comments?!
  • browneyes97
    Options
    I am by no means an expert but I think you need to figure out what void you are trying to fill with all that food. It seems like an emotional thing...I know I eat when I get upset. Food 'soothes' me.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Any other comments?!
    not satisfied with what you heard?
  • jq526
    jq526 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!!! I go through the same thing, I do well for a few days and then BAM, I get that urge to binge. I love to work out, but the binging screws me. It's so frustrating!