i screwed up, fat again, really depressed, help :(

i cant believe i was so stupid, so bloody stupid

ive spent the last 4 days binging and i mean completely binging. I had previous cut out starchy carbs, fast food etc and done amazing with my weight loss.

I took a picture today and my stomach has exploded outwards. Ive only ot 32 days untill my holiday and need to know if it will go back down if i eat sensibly again and exercise. I restarted the 30 day shred again, plus im doing 60mins a night on the stationary bike.

I am so depressed i just keep crying and crying its horrible.

fwskfq.png

Replies

• Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Sounds like you're being too hard on yourself! Just forgive and forget. Today is a new day!
  • DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    It will definitely go down, just cut out all the junk and your body will dispose of the excess weight you gained. Stay strong and motivated.
  • quesdadjanet
    quesdadjanet Posts: 7 Member
    Just put your slip up behind you and start afresh ready for your holiday
  • Think about it this way: You can't get skinny in a few days.... but that's a good thing! Or else it would mean you can get fat in a few days!! I lost a ton of weight last year over a 3 month period. However, my dad died in December and I gained it all back plus some. I'm working to get back down to a healthy weight although I had 4 full months of binging and no working out. We can do this together! 30 days is plenty of time if you eat right and exercise!! You got this!
  • Everyone has bad days!!! You are acknowledging your mistake & that is the first step! Start over today & eat healthy! Everything will workout!! :))
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    thanks guys
    im actually in shock at how much its popped out, surely thats not normal?
    im hoping i can get it back to that first picture in 30 days x
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Basically that tummy is the definition of water weight/blotation. SUre there's probably a couple of pounds in there, but that is not all fat. Yes, it will go down before your holidays. Watch your sodium, drink lots of water and you'll see a difference in a few days.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    hun don't be hard on yourself we all have our bad days and slip, just get back on the wagon and don't give up. :flowerforyou:
  • stephanne82
    stephanne82 Posts: 58 Member
    Take a deep breathe...it is mostly bloating from sodium and excess food. Drink a lot of water, exercise and eat healthy, and in a few days it will go back to normal. :smile: Don't beat yourself up, you can do this!
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Honestly, don't beat yourself up about it! I'm sure everyone goes through rough patches, what matters is that you are getting it all under control again! Remember that binging has probably made you more bloated than normal as well, so after a couple of days of exercise and eating healthily I'm sure you'll feel much better. You're back on track now, and that's all that matters. I have no doubt in my mind that you'll look even better than you did before in 30 days time! Good luck! :)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    I bet a good bit of that is bloat from sodium. Crying and beating up on yourself isn't going to help. Just get back on the wagon, make sensible choices and keep your body moving. Don't try to double up cardio more than maybe once or reduce your calories to unhealthy levels, that will screw up your metabolism and cause way more harm than a few days of binging. Shake it off, get back on track, and rethink your reasons for transforming your lifestyle.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    My husband's stomach does that every day. It's mostly water and stuff that needs to pass through you.
  • Ok so you've had a bad weekend but don't panic. If you binged on junk food (which lets face it that is what must of us binge on) then you'll have taken in extra sodium and will be retaining some water. Drink a good amount of water to help flush it out and that will help you feel less bloated. You can't have put on the weight that quickly because you're body needs time to metabolise it so do not panic, all is not yet lost. Just get back on it, eat sensibly and normally and continue your exercise. You're looking great and you will for your holiday. Just keep your focus.

As a binger myself I know how devastating it can feel. Feel free to add me if you need a little support and encouragement :-) But keep up the good work and don't stress honey x
  • KayteeB07
    thankyou so much its exactly what i needed to hear
    i was so scared that it was all fat but my head was telling me it couldnt be surely lol
    hoping by next monday it'll be back to how it was before x
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    I just want to give you a big hug! It is SO hard, and this is a moment. Regroup, learn from this and move on!
  • KayteeB, I know the feeling and I know the actions from very personal experience...it's like you're doing so well and then one little indulgence releases the flood gates and you just can't stop eating. AND THEN...the INSANE guilt trip you put yourself on, leading you to more depression and more eating (cuz hey, I'm already doing bad, may as well continue eating, right?) Well, take it from one who has done that cycle over and over...I've accepted that my binging demon will always be stuffed in my mental closet, trying to force it's way out and while I can keep it securely locked up most of the time, every now and then I get weak and it overpowers me, escapes and runs a muck. So I've come to look at it this way...I've just eaten bad food and I've sabotoged my efforts. Now, I can eat good foods and get back on track. The same way my body gained weight because of how I treated it, my body can loose weight because of how I treat it. My suggestion is to focus right now on your 30 day plan....you'll soon get back to the body you were proud of in that cute bikini...and beyond! Forget those things which are behind and press ahead towards your goal :>)
  • KayteeB07
    thats exactly right workoutmusic, my feelings exactly.
    Im just gonna drink a bucketload of water everyday and focus on the next 32 days xx
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Put the binge behind you and start fresh today. Cut out the junk and get your exercise in and you will see an amazing difference in 30 days. You got this!
  • KayteeB07
    woop! feeling so much more empowered, thankyou everyone.
  • WonTaunTaun
    WonTaunTaun Posts: 87 Member
    The only way to go is forward. You can't take back those few days, but you can decide to move on from them. You also probably just have a lot of water retention and sodium bloating. The best way to get rid of this is by drinking a ton of water and making sure you get a good sweat going during your workout. I speak from experience. I recently had a birthday and gave myself a free weekend pass to celebrate and eat what I wanted. That following Monday I stepped on the scale and 5lbs that took me 3 weeks to get rid of had appeared again. I did some research and found that it was just bloating from all of the sodium intake. I just drank a lot of water and stuck to my exercise routine and within 3days that 5lbs were gone again. Chin up. :)