i screwed up, fat again, really depressed, help :(

Options

Replies

• krisbarger3285
    Options
    dont be silly!!! there is always room for change!!! and look how much support you have! Its hard as hell but nothing worth having is easy!
  • LouBeeeLou75
    LouBeeeLou75 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your Dad x
    Think about it this way: You can't get skinny in a few days.... but that's a good thing! Or else it would mean you can get fat in a few days!! I lost a ton of weight last year over a 3 month period. However, my dad died in December and I gained it all back plus some. I'm working to get back down to a healthy weight although I had 4 full months of binging and no working out. We can do this together! 30 days is plenty of time if you eat right and exercise!! You got this!
  • censi
    censi Posts: 1
    Options
    ok- you SLIPPED!! you have the right to get back on the wagon that you slipped off of! Get up, shake it off! You are not perfect... but you are trying.... Keep it up girl! We are all here for you!:wink:
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that the size of my belly gets bigger and smaller throughout the day,no matter how much I eat,so I wouldn't really worry about it.You're probably just bloated.It'll go away after just few days of being careful about what you eat.
  • TanyatheBrave
    Options
    Don't worry. We all have bad days and regret them but the key is to stop it there. Start fresh, feel better, and get back on track! At least you've recognized you went off track and want to stop. And don't worry, your weight will go back down. Each day is an opportunity to get closer to your goal!
  • memubo99
    memubo99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ditto, Ive binged big time for the last 4 days too. Feel rotten today and ready to cop on again now. We can do it!!
  • msfaithful
    msfaithful Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i cant believe i was so stupid, so bloody stupid

ive spent the last 4 days binging and i mean completely binging. I had previous cut out starchy carbs, fast food etc and done amazing with my weight loss.

I say take it as a need to re-evaluate your weight loss plan. Why not take the "everything in moderations" approach. Your body won't miss it and you will learn to "Not Overdo It". Do not beat yourself up for minor slip ups, dust yourself off and get back on it. :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,584 Member
    Options

ive spent the last 4 days binging and i mean completely binging. I had previous cut out starchy carbs, fast food etc and done amazing with my weight loss.

I took a picture today and my stomach has exploded outwards. Ive only ot 32 days untill my holiday and need to know if it will go back down if i eat sensibly again and exercise. I restarted the 30 day shred again, plus im doing 60mins a night on the stationary bike.

I am so depressed i just keep crying and crying its horrible.

fwskfq.png
    You're probably binging because you're over restricting what you like to eat. Part of the reason why I don't encourage my clients to diet is because of binging issues.
    Eat within your calorie limits and don't be afraid of eating things you like to, BUT be aware of calorie count.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

I took a picture today and my stomach has exploded outwards. Ive only ot 32 days untill my holiday and need to know if it will go back down if i eat sensibly again and exercise. I restarted the 30 day shred again, plus im doing 60mins a night on the stationary bike.

I am so depressed i just keep crying and crying its horrible.

fwskfq.png

Start thinking of this as a long term commitment and a lifestyle change,... and not a 32 day race to look good while you're on holiday. Make healthy changes to your diet, stick to a sensible calorie goal, log everything, exercise, drink water, forget about past binges or failures. DO NOT eliminate entire foods groups from your diet. It you make your diet too restrictive it becomes unsustainable...resulting in binges.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    We've all been there. Forget about what happened yesterday and focus on going forward. I've had up and down days since my birthday a couple weeks ago. Today I am gonna get back on track. You can do it
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    We're all bound to slip now and then. Don't beat yourself up too hard. Pick yourself up and keep going.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Drink LOTS of water and try to get as little sodium as possible and I promise the 'swell' will go down
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking weight that comes on or goes off quickly (i.e. mostly water weight) does the reverse very quickly as well.

That being said, try to get into a more moderate routine if you're having trouble with what you're doing.
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and some green tea -- just get right back into healthy eating, you can do this!! You're doing great!! :flowerforyou:
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    thankyou everyone you've been amazing, feeling so much more positive xx
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Mine looked like that last night too! THREE inches larger than usual!

But most of that is water (from TOM and eating salty chinese food!).

Already today it looks better!

It always helps me to remember that it takes 3500 extra calories to add a pound. Did you really go over that many calories? Probably not. So it should come off soon.

But also be sure to log, log, log to keep yourself honest! Then you can know the truth and stop worrying.
  • walkbyfaith0314
    Options
    I made the same mistake myself. My friends have told me today i get new calories, I start fresh and yesterday was well...yesterday. Drink a bunch of water, and if you hit up fast food and cookies like i did yesterday, watch your sodium.

I feel for you, best of luck!
  • Fzyo0001
    Fzyo0001 Posts: 11
    Options
    Just remember to take a picture of yourself in a couple days and you will see it goes down.

I am sure you have friends here that would gladly talk to you, if you want to talk.
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other girls.. it's probably mostly water weight from high sodium junk foods.

Drink lots of water, eat healthy, sensible (high fiber would be good).

Exercise but not to the point that you'll hurt yourself.
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Side note: You have really nice arms!! I would kill for those. :)