Cowboy Boots

Options
2»

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    countryoutfitters.com. Endless supply of cute cowboy boots on this website! And they are all made to last!

The are good. We have Cowtown Boots locally, but I bet they have a website too. Amazing selection!
  • Lefty634
    Lefty634 Posts: 56
    Options
    I swear by Justin boots and they bought Tony Lamas also a good boot but the heel is larger on them buy a good quality boot and make sure it fits and feels good.
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i have a pair of durango's i wear for dancing, justin's are good, but corrals are the cutest!
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I love my Nocona boots. Soft leather and super comfy.
  • Shelbsta22
    Options
    Ok ladies and gents, today I come to you for advice on footwear. My boyfriend and I have recently developed a new hobby/passion: two-stepping and country line dancing. Which means we are out dancing at the country bar once or twice a week. I bought a super-cheap pair at Charlotte Russe about 3-4 weeks ago, and needless to say they are already trashed. I tend to wear my boots pretty often, I absolutely love them! But now I need to invest in a pair of hardy boots that will last me for years. I want something tough, able to withstand the inevitable mashing when my partner steps on my toes, but also unique, fashionable, and cute. I am hoping to stay under the $150-200 range. Who has experience with boots and can recommend a good brand and a reasonably priced place to get them (either online or otherwise)? I have heard good things about Old Gringo boots?

Also ... General cowboy boots and two-stepping discussion thread! :)

ARIAT'S!!!! Fat baby.. those are my fav. they're lower topped which is nice during summer. http://www.ariat.com/Western/Women/Footwear/Fatbaby/
  • Slamdunkpro
    Slamdunkpro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Justin and Tony Lama are good constructed boots on the inexpensive side. A step up would be brands like Lucchese. The leather is more important than the brand. For dancing stick with cow hide or for a more flexible leather that's even tougher go with kangaroo. Avoid soft leathers like calf skin & goat as the first time you get your toe stepped on they will skin.
  • MrsEdge928
    MrsEdge928 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have 2 pairs of boots, one for everyday and ones for goin out. My Justin gypsys are the absoulte best! I can do everything in them, garden/yard work, to walking miles! So freakin comfy! My goin out boots which i only wear to country concerts, rodeos, etc are tony lamas, they are barely broke in but they dont hurt my feet at all! and they are very well made, love them to death!
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My wife has Ariat boots and she loves them. She prefers the squared toe boots and rounded toe boots to the traditional pointed toes.

I have a pair of Justins' that I've had for years and they're still just as comfortable as ever.
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Double H, that I have had for about 10years or so, and I love them.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I like Frye's classic Billy. They've lasted for years. I don't dance in them, just for fashion, so I'm probably not much help. Nice leather,
    though.
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/frye-billy-classic-western-boot/2994384

_5705176.jpg
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I have Justin's now but my Durango's were more comfy for me.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Get a good quality pair, it's worth it... I have Ariats myself, I wear them all the time. Frye and Justin are good brands within your price range as well. I got mine off countryoutfitter.com and if you sign up for their email list they have deals all the time, like 25$ off a purchase and so forth.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Justin and Tony Lama are good constructed boots on the inexpensive side. A step up would be brands like Lucchese. The leather is more important than the brand. For dancing stick with cow hide or for a more flexible leather that's even tougher go with kangaroo. Avoid soft leathers like calf skin & goat as the first time you get your toe stepped on they will skin.
    ^^^ This ^^^

Also, look for boots that have stitched soles and nailed heals which can be replaced when they wear out, and steal shanks (the re-enforcement under the arch) which will make them last longer to begin with.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I love my cowboy boots and wear them as often as a florida girl can. I wear Corral boots. They are comfortable enough to wear daily at conventions that I do, that is about 10hrs of standing!! And they are super cute!
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks everybody! I'm hearing the Ariat brand tossed around quite a bit. I have never spent so much money on one pair of shoes, but I can look at it as an investment if they last me several years!

I'v never spent more than $180 (after tax) on a pair of boots. I don't buy anything else really expensive (clothes, jewelry, shoes etc) so I don't mine splurging on a pair of boots. My black Ariats I've had since 2006, my pink and browns for 3 yrs and my blue and brown ones for just about a year (bought them to wear to my wedding) My black ones need to be resoled and restained but they are still the best pair of boots i own!
  • akalaz
    akalaz Posts: 1
    Options
    Check out Evening Star Boots in Gonzales, Texas. They make boots specifically for country western dance. A little pricey but you can custom order. If custom, they fit better than any boot you will ever wear. Well worth the extra expense by the end of the night. :-)
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    I've had my Luchese's for years and worked outside in them and beat the hell out of them and they are still going strong. Super comfy too.
  • smokeyg01
    smokeyg01 Posts: 1,064
    Options
    From experience can't go wrong with Justins or Durangos. I grew up in Durangos and they will always be my favorite but Justins are great too