No Wonder....

Options

Replies

• froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    When my neighbor gets a movie gig (he's a stuntman), he'll do a 500 calorie diet for a week (or however long they give him notice for), to get better muscle definition.afterward he goes back to eating normally. He's already in great shape though, and has no plans of doing any of that for too long.
    I am not saying its the way to go. But as long as you don't overdo it, and you get your essential nutrients and vitamins, at that much of a deficit it really doesn't matter what you eat - it will all be turned into energy. And unless you are prone to developing an eating disorder, no sane person could keep it up for more than a few weeks.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    my bun just fell to pieces.... :frown:
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    When my neighbor gets a movie gig (he's a stuntman), he'll do a 500 calorie diet for a week (or however long they give him notice for), to get better muscle definition.afterward he goes back to eating normally. He's already in great shape though, and has no plans of doing any of that for too long.
    I am not saying its the way to go. But as long as you don't overdo it, and you get your essential nutrients and vitamins, at that much of a deficit it really doesn't matter what you eat - it will all be turned into energy. And unless you are prone to developing an eating disorder, no sane person could keep it up for more than a few weeks.

You sir, are a man of reason. TY
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

And Anne Hathaway ate nothing but rice paste to get ready to play Fantine in Les Mis.

She's a pro. Must be okay.
  • heathercarver96
    heathercarver96 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about bread. :(

LOL!
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with 800 cal approach. Harper's been in the business for a long time. The idea that someone would put the weight back on is dependent on the person, as anyone going back to eating like crap will put the weight on no matter what diet they do.
    He's been in the entertaining business for a long time, yes. He is the fitness equivalent of Dr. Oz.
    And please don't post on here claiming that there's nothing wrong with eating 800 calories a day.

Thank you!! I had a feeling this thread could get ugly! No one likes being told their quick fix isn't healthy..lol

A side note also...even if they miraculously do not somehow put the weight back on...go for one day on 800 calories...back in my trying (dying) to be thin days, I tried that...headaches, light headed, nausea, fatigue...that was obviously my body telling me something was seriously wrong!! Don't put gas in your car...see how well it works!
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That is a horrible approach.....It can't be for 3 weeks it has to be forever (not the extreme veggie thing)

It is so sad to see people so obsessed with skinny! I want to be fit...if that means I am a size 10-12 forever I am ok with that. I will not chase skinny ever again!!

Definitely this! I agree whole heartedly! I'm a 12 now and I could live with that as long as I'm healthy! I don't care how small I do or do not get anymore!
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options

That, or they think they will lose 10lbs in a week and then get frustrated and quit when they can't do it.

This seems to be SO common based on the number of threads here with people complaining they only lost 2 pounds this week and what are they doing wrong??!!

Um, nothing, you lost 2 pounds.

Exactly. Two pounds in a week in a normal setting is great. That show has upped the expectation. A normal person can't spend 6-8hrs in a gym every day and have doctors and others watch everything that goes into their bodies.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about bread. :(

ok, this thread has now made me laugh out loud at my desk twice!! Love it!
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options

And Anne Hathaway ate nothing but rice paste to get ready to play Fantine in Les Mis.

,l

Anne is hot, gorgeous, and beautiful all mixed up into one. She hasn't put any of the weight back on either, which so many here believe that would happen on a low cal diet. Just maybe putting the weight back on has much more to do with individual self moderation than it does the diet? Don't be a hater.
  • Heather032190
    Heather032190 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with 800 cal approach. Harper's been in the business for a long time. The idea that someone would put the weight back on is dependent on the person, as anyone going back to eating like crap will put the weight on no matter what diet they do.
    He's been in the entertaining business for a long time, yes. He is the fitness equivalent of Dr. Oz.
    And please don't post on here claiming that there's nothing wrong with eating 800 calories a day.

Thank you!! I had a feeling this thread could get ugly! No one likes being told their quick fix isn't healthy..lol

A side note also...even if they miraculously do not somehow put the weight back on...go for one day on 800 calories...back in my trying (dying) to be thin days, I tried that...headaches, light headed, nausea, fatigue...that was obviously my body telling me something was seriously wrong!! Don't put gas in your car...see how well it works!

^ this right here I agree. I mean seriously do we think we can not eat or at least not fuel our self enough and think we will be healthy fit and skinny. All you are doing is asking to become sick, tired, and just as she ^ had said like a car you fill it half-way you only get so far.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Meh if idiots want to eat 800 calories a day and then pass out from low blood sugar or one of the many other issues it can cause let them, it is there own stupidity.
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options

,l

Anne is hot, gorgeous, and beautiful all mixed up into one. She hasn't put any of the weight back on either, which so many here believe that would happen on a low cal diet. Just maybe putting the weight back on has much more to do with individual self moderation than it does the diet? Don't be a hater.

She has definitely put the weight back on compared with how thin and dying-looking she had to look to play Fantine! She has still stayed slim, but has put the weight back to where she was before she had to starve herself to plan Fantine.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

,l

Do you end every statement with something about haters? Seriously?

Disagreeing, even strongly disagreeing is not Hating. You dilute the word so it means nothing at all, and you look childish doing it.
  • iAMsmiling
    Options
    Meh if idiots want to eat 800 calories a day and then pass out from low blood sugar or one of the many other issues it can cause let them, it is there own stupidity.

darwin.jpg
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    800 is way to few
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options

,l

Disagreeing, even strongly disagreeing is not Hating. You dilute the word so it means nothing at all, and you look childish doing it.

And the people who say that you'll pass out from low blood sugar, regain all the weight, make sarcastic comments on Hathaway being a pro, and yourself for posting up Darwin pics is not childish?
  • iAMsmiling
    Options

,l

And the people who say that you'll pass out from low blood sugar, regain all the weight, make sarcastic comments on Hathaway being a pro, and yourself for posting up Darwin pics is not childish?

No
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

,l

She absolutely starved herself to play the role of a dying prostitute. She has done many interviews about how miserable and hangry she was. She has since gained back some weight, but still looks (very) slim. Not death-rattle skinny, but very slim.

I'm begining to think that your viewpoint on body image and calories might be a little skewed. Good luck with that.
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options

,l

She absolutely starved herself to play the role of a dying prostitute. She has done many interviews about how miserable and hangry she was. She has since gained back some weight, but still looks (very) slim. Not death-rattle skinny, but very slim.

I'm begining to think that your viewpoint on body image and calories might be a little skewed. Good luck with that.

I never seen that movie. I only know her from Batman and she's gorgeous in that movie. I don't know what she did for her other movie to play as a prostitute but from what you are saying, she's alive and still slim even though she drastically cut her calories. She didn't pack on weight like some people would believe after being on such a low cal diet.