Replies

• haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump
  • izzwizz_london
    izzwizz_london Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try this glazed gingery pork recipe - simple, sweet and delicious with rice or noodles, at 305 calories per serving (serves 4):

500 g (1 lb) thin cut pork loin chops or 1 kg (2 lb) pork spare ribs
    6 tablespoons dark soy sauce
    6 tablespoons sugar
    2 x 1 inch cubes fresh ginger, crushed
    3 spring (scallion) onions
    3 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
    1.75 pints or 1 litre water

Bring everything to boil in a wide frying pan, cover, turn down to medium-low and simmer fairly vigorously for 45 minutes. Turn the meat around every 10 minutes or so.
    Remove lid, turn to high and cook for another 20 minutes until dark, thick and syrupy, stirring a few times.
    Serve!
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I made mine amazing the other day and plan to do it again. I cleaned and sliced a package of Crimini mushrooms and sliced an onion (cut in half and sliced from the side to get half rounded slices). I added these to a hot skillet with a little olive oil and sauted. Then I took them out, added a little more olive oil and lightly browned the pork chops. Turned the skillet down to simmer, added back the sauted vegetables and added a package of onion soup mix (the dry kind) and then filled up the paper package the soup came in with water and added it to my simmering meat and put a lid on to simmer until tender (an hour or so). We had mashed potatoes with it and sauted asparagus with olive oil and garlic salt. And strawberries for dessert, yum.

Rebecca

Oh, btw my pork chops were very thick so that is why I had to cook for so long.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I made this recipe with sliced up pork chops instead of chicken. Also added sliced up red bell pepper and mushroom. YUM!

http://www.emilybites.com/2011/07/asian-chicken-and-vegetables-with-spicy.html
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My husband makes a recipe, that is like "North Carolina BBQ". Marinate the chops in a mixture of apple cinder vinager (1/4 cup) water (3/4 cup) sugar ( a couple of splenda packets) and some crushed red pepper. Marinate for a few hours or over night. Throw the chops on the grill, or broil. I love them this way. Sounds weird, but they have this tang and bite at the same time! And very moist!
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Mine are around a half inch thick and I pop them in a pan on the stove, sprinkle garlic powder and salt on one side and just garlic powder on the other and cook it in the covered pan until the sides are white with some brown and they're white all of the way through. You have to flip it about halfway through. They taste amazing with applesauce. I made 15 last week and they were my meals for the whole week. Yummy!

ETA: It's only about 5 minutes tops for a full pan of them.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    This weekend for the first time I tried one of those "shake and bake" seasoning packets. I bought the store brand version for pork and it tasted really good. The seasoning packet adds 40 calories. I used mustard to make the stuff stick to it. It doesnt require oil or butter, just put it in the oven for 20 minutes and it was very good. Nice, crispy breading on the outside for an additional 50 calories per serving.
  • MissySchwab
    MissySchwab Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I like to do pork loin chops and marinade them in Lawry's marinades Low cal and yummy!
  • SweetBasil35
    SweetBasil35 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    SUPER DELISH: Everyone I make these for rave about how yummy and moist the pork chops are...

1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon oregano
    1/3 cup olive oil (I use canola oil)
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    pepper - about 1/4 tsp
    2 pork chops

Marinate overnight and grill about 10 minutes on either side.

I've marinated pork chops for as little as one hour with this recipe and they're still good, but the longer you can marinate the better.

Let me know if you use this - I'd love to hear what you think!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Do you have a grill? I buy mine from the butcher and they're usually about an inch thick. I put a bit of olive oil on them, then sea salt, pepper and rosemary. Grill them for about 5 minutes each side and they're yummy and juicy. Not alot of work.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Simmer in one can of Cream of Mushroom soup until done. Put a 1/4 cup of the soup over rice and serve with your favorite vegetable. Easy, low cal, and tasty!
  • kelbwjax
    kelbwjax Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried blackened porkchops?? Absolutely amazing!
  • ssl444
    ssl444 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This is what I do for pork tenderloin, I'm sure the seasoning would work just as well for pork chop.

Sprinkle some all spice seasoning on to a piece of baking paper, coat both sides of the chop, then fold the baking paper around the pork chop, bash the chop to tenderise and flatten it, put a little olive oil in a pan and fry till cooked, then smear one side of chop with a little bbq sauce and place under the grill for 1-2 minutes - happy days :drinker:
  • ssl444
    ssl444 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sorry double post.
  • 123sockmonkey123
    123sockmonkey123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bbq sauce, little water, marinate overnite, bake @ 350 for 30-45 minutes.
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love it with a little Chinese 5 spice blend grilled and served over a bed of sautéed fennel and onion with just salt and pepper. Really yummy! Oh you can even add some Napa cabbage in there! Really filling and different.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Pork Chops - Pork Loin Boneless Center Cut Chops, 16 oz
    Trader Joe's - Curry Simmer Sauce, 0.666 cup (2/3 c)
    Trader Joe's - Satay Peanut Sauce, 15 grams (1 Tbsp)
    Trader Joe's Light Coconut Milk, Canned, 0.666 Cup (2/3 c)
    Cruzan - Pineapple Rum, 2 oz

Mix liquids, trim any "extra" fat from chops, place chops in sauce and let sit for at least 2 hours - the longer the better
    Preheat oven to 375f - using glass pan (12" x 12"). I like to oil the bottom of the pan (coconut oil) but it will be fine with nothing.
    Pour in chops & cover with liquid (make sure the chops are covered). Cover w/ foil and bake for 30-45 min (thinner chops require less time than thick cut or bone-in).
    Sauce in pan can be reduced w/ some butter (stove top) and poured over cauliflower mashed tatoes (or normal tatoes).

makes 3 servings (number per serving)
    Calories = 323, Carb = 14, Fat = 11, Protein = 34, Fiber = 2, Sugar = 7

For lower carb, remove the Pineapple Rum - use plain Vodka or just omit
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    i just made these last night...

liberal seasoning of sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, a little chili powder and fresh finely minced rosemary on both sides.

sear both sides for about 3 mins each in a hot pan.

then transfer to a 275 degree oven for about 10 minutes.

They were great
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I usually just coat them in panko crumbs and bake them. Add some italian seasoning to the panko crumbs. Delish!
  • julesmcclelland
    Options
    I made thin boneless pork chop soft tacos tonight, actually. Just sliced them into strips, dusted with low sodium taco seasoning and cooked over medium heat until done; topped with black bean-corn-tomato-cilantro-lime juice and red onion relish and just a smidge of reduced fat feta cheese. Very flavorful and a little goes a long way.