Not weight loss success but...

Options
Yesterday I competed in my first 5K with obstacles. This came almost 4 months after quitting smoking and dropping 17 pounds. I am proud to say that the results have been posted...I finished 2nd in our wave with a time of 35:01. I feel SO accomplished. I can't believe how far I've come :)

Replies

• nolanerinbryon
    nolanerinbryon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!!! That's fabulous. Congrats on your success and for celebrating it! :happy:
  • capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats! i just started training for my first 5k, so a post like this makes me smile. I hope to work my way up to a time like yours!

Congratulations and be proud of yourself! :happy:
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    congratulations!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Great work! I can't even type 5k... Wait. Well, scratch that one, but congratulations.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    First 5k and you finished 2nd in your wave...I would say that this is FANTASTIC!!!! Congrats
  • bsmith404
    bsmith404 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congrats be proud of yourself.
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is great! I have been smoking since Jan 24 2012! I too started running 5k's shortly after - hoping to run a mini this fall. Keep it up!
  • sauci
    sauci Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    well done you! I am 5 days into quit and thinking of starting C25k....
  • wendy1112
    Options
    Congrats :)
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! What an inspiration!
    I am running my first 5K on Mother's Day (in honor of my mom, but also it will be within a week of my 1-year anniversary of this new lifestyle)...
    So glad to hear that it CAN be done! YAY for you!!
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! The time is amazing for a 5K without obstacles so imagine! Way to go!
  • AmandaWalt628
    AmandaWalt628 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! And good luck to all of you :happy: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Jewles1285
    Jewles1285 Posts: 119
    Options
    Amazing job! That is def something to be proud of!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    What an awesome feeling that it! Congratulations!!!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is wonderful!!
  • anneitz
    anneitz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go! I am running my first 5K in May. I am so excited!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    WOW, that is an AMAZING time for a 5K with obstacles. You should be super proud!
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This is most certainly a success story! Great work, ... isn't this stuff addictive :)
  • AmandaWalt628
    AmandaWalt628 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is most certainly a success story! Great work, ... isn't this stuff addictive :)

It sure is addictive! I was called an exercise-holic yesterday like it was a bad thing :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!