What do you do when you cant finish your food?

Options

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'm unfamiliar with the concept

exactly my thoughts.
  • cheekyhalf
    cheekyhalf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you ate very little of it, then I would suggest eyeballing and making a guesstimate. But if you ate more than half, I'd let it stand.

good advice I ate like maye 3 bites of the eggs

3 bites of eggs filled you up? :huh:

You're supposed to log what you actually eat, not what you're "pretending" to eat. :noway:

Well I had more than eggs to eat lol I had a big bowl of cereal 4 glasses of water, almond milk, and latte lol

Maybe the 4 glasses of water a leetle bit OTT for breakfast...?
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    uhhh I measured it all out but this is way over my head lol

Right, but what did you measure with? Cups, spoons, grams, ounces, etc?

Edit: Also, what exactly was your breakfast? It's irrelevant to the math, but I'm curious.

2 egg whites scrambled with mushrooms, baby agrula, onion, rotel
    and a big bowel of cereal and a latte, and some almond milk and about 4 glasses of water ( i was really thirsty)
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I log after I have eaten, so I log what I actually eat... I would edit it for what I did eat...
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    What fraction would you say you ate? If I eat about 1/3 of something I just go through and edit it. I like to be as honest as possible with myself.

This is what I do.
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i dont understand what this is about not being able to finish, never happened to me before, and there lies the problem :laugh:
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    What they said- all of them: re-log, adjust, finish it later. Etc etc etc
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    if you measured it out prior to eating then you shouldn't have made too much. That being said... if you measured it prior and have a remainder, just weigh the remainder and subtract from the starting measurement.
  • I always save it and eat it later in the day ;) Then I don't have to worry about taking the numbers down. Eat it as snacks at snack time or with another meal.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Hire a CPA to review which portion went to metabolism, fat storage, future intake, and possible waste deduct any added calorie earns you may have received from exercise credit and then assess which calorie bracket you will be at to avoid paying more in weight taxes?

Good luck...it's complicated.
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    VictoriaFitness2010 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Log what you ate. If you only ate half, log the half you ate.
  • meeper123
    Options
    Hire a CPA to review which portion went to metabolism, fat storage, future intake, and possible waste deduct any added calorie earns you may have received from exercise credit and then assess which calorie bracket you will be at to avoid paying more in weight taxes?

Good luck...it's complicated.

EEEEK! you said a dirt word CPA!! lol I am kidding but yeah
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I do not understand the premise of not being able to finish my food.
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    uhhh I measured it all out but this is way over my head lol

Right, but what did you measure with? Cups, spoons, grams, ounces, etc?

Edit: Also, what exactly was your breakfast? It's irrelevant to the math, but I'm curious.

cups and tablespoons and well I used a scale things like that

Alright so, if you know how many calories are in a cup and in a spoon or whatever else you might have used. All you have to do is plug and chug into the steps I provided.

Here's an example....

1 cup = 100 calories

Let's say you originally prepared 3 cups of something in a recipe. You don't know how much you ate exactly but you know you are left with 1.5 cups that you did not eat. You want to know how much you ate. Mathematically, this:

3 cups = 1.5 cups + x

Still following?

Now to figure out how much you ate, you need to subtract how much you DIDN'T eat from the total.

3 cups - 1.5 cups = x

x= 1.5

So now you know how much you ate! If they're fractions, set it up the same way. 1 whole = 1/3 + x ... and so on...

Now you can figure out the calories.

1. Divide the total amount of calories in recipe (100 calories) by the total weight (3 cups, still using the same example)
    100 calories divided by 3 cups = 33.33
    33.33 is the amount of calories in each cup

2. Use the amount you ate after figuring it out from the subtraction portion above and multiply it by 33.33
    Using the example, you ate 1.5 cup.
    1.5 x .33.33 = 49.995
    49.995 is the amount of calories you ate from breakfast

3. Enter it either as quick added cals. Or enter the whole thing as a recipe and log as close to 49.995 of the original recipe under the meal you want it for.

Seriously, if you take it step by step, it's not that hard. But if it's more work than you care to do, then don't worry about being exact. Just eyeball it like the majority of people in this thread have suggested. If you want to be exact... then you now know there are ways.

*If my math is wrong, someone should correct me but I use this method just about daily because I cook a lot and relying on my own estimates makes me uncomfortable, so I do math. Peace out! <3
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    feed it to the dog or trash can .....

step one: if you find you are left most of the time with food on your plate because your full...
    try using smaller bowls and plates, your less likely to take too much food and then waste it because your full.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I prefer the aforementioned pocket idea:

4445_512x288_manicured__Lqf%252B6O9gMUqatqXVb7FmfQ%255B1%255D.jpg

napoleon-dynamite-tots.png
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm unfamiliar with the concept

me too... I'd have finished it and had a lie down :-/ lol
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    this was the breakfast of champs and way way more filling than origionally thought I had:

2 egg whites scrambled with mushrooms, onion, rotel, baby arugula
    then ceral and a soy lattee and almond milk for the cereal lol :)

That is not the breakfast of champs... unless a mahoosive bowl of cereal, I'm disappointed! I could eat that easy, especially first thing :P well done on shrinking your tummy though xx
  • meeper123
    Options
    this was the breakfast of champs and way way more filling than origionally thought I had:

2 egg whites scrambled with mushrooms, onion, rotel, baby arugula
    then ceral and a soy lattee and almond milk for the cereal lol :)

That is not the breakfast of champs... unless a mahoosive bowl of cereal, I'm disappointed! I could eat that easy, especially first thing :P well done on shrinking your tummy though xx

ayb that and the fact I drank so much water water is filling stuff lol
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I always finish. Sometimes it just takes me a few extra minutes if I'm not very hungry

This would have been pretty funny if you didn't finish the sentence...