Let's talk shoes

Options
Do you wear a "running" shoe for your workouts even if you're not running? I just bought a new pair of Nikes feel very light weight, nothing to them to be honest, but they're suppose to be great for cross training ie boot camp class. I tried them on the treadmill, definitely not good for running. Just curious what make and style of shoes that you love. I need another pair for running or even everyday stuff when I feel like I need a comfy shoe.

Replies

• Laura20903
    Options
    I bought myself Saucony grid cohesion for running, and I love it! Its really so comfortable. And not as expensive as some other shoes
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    If you have a decent running store in your area, a lot of them will measure the pressure, balance, and other details of your feet to match you up with a pair that's good for running (all for free). The one I go to will have you try on around 5 different pairs that have been calculated from their tests to see which one feels the best to you.

My last New Balance running shoes ran about $80 through them. My gf also has a pair now and says they're the best shoes she's ever worn for just day to day activity.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I don't run, but do quite a bit of walking on my non-lift days. I have a very high arch and need support for them when I am on my feet a lot. I got fitted for a pair of Brooks walking shoes, and it did wonders for me! I also use them to weight lift in and have had no problems.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I wear my running shoes for everything except hiking. Even then, I just bought a pair of hiking/trail-running shoe. They're the only thing that support strength training, running, walking, leisure FOR MY SPECIFICS.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of shoes.

I have 2 pairs of running shoes that I've been fitted for - Newton Gravitys and Mizuno Wave Riders (I rotate them). I have a pair of Chuck Taylor's for lifting. I have a pair of Sauchonys that I wear to spin class and casually. I have a pair of Reebok Zig Wilds for trail running. I also have 2 pairs of retired running shoes that I'll use for spin class and/or casual wear (Brooks Adrenaline and Brooks Ghost) along with a pair of Adidas casual tennis shoes.

Yeah, that's a little embarrasing.....lol.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have the nike air max and I LOVE them. They are pricey but super comfortable and supporative. This is coming from a girl who has had 5 foot surgeries on my left foot and its almost impossible to find shoes that work.
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have 2 pairs. A light weight, flexible pair of Reeboks for running and a pair of higher cushion Asics for the weight room.

I like a more flexible light shoe when I Jog. Too much cushion and my feet start to ache.

I would suggest going to a local running room and getting sized for a shoe. I know poeple who like more cushion when jogging, but for me, that doesn't work.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I'm a shoe agnostic. I figure as long as they don't hurt they're fine for whatever. I have the one pair of running (I think) shoes. I wear them running, lifting, to work, around the yard on weekends ...