Bob Harper - Pure Burn Super Strength

Options
I am looking to start it next week, its had some great reviews on Amazon, so just wondered if anyone on here had done it or is in the process, would love to hear your feedback/successes.

Thanks

Replies

• sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    bump...anyone?
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Not done it, but I've got my eye on it. I'll wait to see what you think!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I have done the 1 hour workout and its a killer, but its fun!! good luck!!
  • sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    I have done the 1 hour workout and its a killer, but its fun!! good luck!!

Thanks!

I had a quick look through the dvd last night and can see its gonna hurt but thats all good! Am even more motivated to see that the trainer/trainees are all sweating, they finding it hard so at least I know I wont be alone :)
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have done it, I woke up the next morning with my glutes on fire!! Having said that, I need to have 2 sets of dumbells, some of the shoulder exercises are intense and need a lighter weight than other exercises. A good workout though.
  • sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    I have done it, I woke up the next morning with my glutes on fire!! Having said that, I need to have 2 sets of dumbells, some of the shoulder exercises are intense and need a lighter weight than other exercises. A good workout though.

How often did you do it? Did you see results (not just speaking about the scales but inches)?
  • Candy1629
    Candy1629 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just did this workout this morning. Couldn't finish the whole hour. Great workout. :happy:
  • sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    I just did this workout this morning. Couldn't finish the whole hour. Great workout. :happy:

Good on ya for trying it!

I am not put off at all that you couldnt finish the hour, it did look intense - still am sure you'll be doing the full hour in no time :)
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I haven't don't it routinely, just interspersed with other stuff, but I liked it a lot. Definitely a good muscle burn. I'm going to do the 20 min. workout from it tomorrow morning.
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

How often did you do it? Did you see results (not just speaking about the scales but inches)?

I have only done it a handful of times but each time I have felt like my body has worked pretty hard, I tend to mix up my workouts a lot though or I get bored and I find I get the best results from doing a variety of workouts, running a bit, step routines, a bit of Jillian Michaels, walking everywhere humanly possible, my one must have is strength training with the heaviest weights I can manage. The other day my 26 year old daughter told me she used to feel sorry for me when she saw me in my nighties. She doesn't any more.
  • sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    I did the whole hour for the first time today...my body was shaking!! But what a workout!! Gonna stick to this one a few times a week..
  • bigdgeek
    bigdgeek Posts: 88
    Options
    I've done it a few times; 2 days afterwards, my butt is always VERY sore.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Here are video clips & reviews:

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/bob-harpers-pure-burn-super-strength-5868

My Target store had a set of 4 Bob Harper DVDs for $14.99 .... I think they were the "Inside Out" ones .... (that's $3.75 a piece .... I might have to go back and get it) ......
  • sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    I've done it a few times; 2 days afterwards, my butt is always VERY sore.

I am sore already, my mid section and butt...can only begin to imagine what its gonna be like in 2 days!!

@ TeaBea, go and buy them!! Its a serious workout, its been ages since I worked out and was sore...loving this one
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    I just started this week. I've done 2 different 1-hour workouts. The first one I almost puked once, almost cried twice and prayed a lot to get through it, but I LOVED it! I prefer high-intensity cardio so this is great for me! I have always used Tae Bo and have had great results but wanted a little change of pace. Plus, $14.99 at Target for a 4 DVD set with 2 workouts on each DVD, can't be beat! Who needs to pay all that money for Beachbody workouts when you can get this! I'm sure I'll still do "Tae Bo Power" and "This is Tae Bo" because they're great as well. Good luck! :smile:
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    OMG! the 1st time I did this workout I cried...no joke! its a great workout but its intense in a good way.