HELP!!! - Breakfast (or lack thereof) is killing me.

Options
Jacwhite22
Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
OK, So here's my problem. I don't really eat breakfast. I'm just not hungry so I choose to eat those calories later in the day instead.........well today a friend pointed out to me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day........how it doesn't matter as much when you eat it but that you have 3 defined meals. I am now very concerned. I am afraid I am wrecking my body by not eating breakfast. Eating breakfast is supposed to give my body energy and boost my metabolism.......and also that I should eat every 3-4 hours to keep my metabolic fire burning. What you you guys think? Help me out here. Should I be setting an alarm for 4 AM to get some food down the hatch?

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    OK, So here's my problem. I don't really eat breakfast. I'm just not hungry so I choose to eat those calories later in the day instead.........well today a friend pointed out to me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day........how it doesn't matter as much when you eat it but that you have 3 defined meals. I am now very concerned. I am afraid I am wrecking my body by not eating breakfast. Eating breakfast is supposed to give my body energy and boost my metabolism.......and also that I should eat every 3-4 hours to keep my metabolig fire burning. What you you guys think? Help me out here. Should I be setting an alarm for 4 AM to get some food down the hatch?

in for the metabolig.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    OK, So here's my problem. I don't really eat breakfast. I'm just not hungry so I choose to eat those calories later in the day instead.........well today a friend pointed out to me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day........how it doesn't matter as much when you eat it but that you have 3 defined meals. I am now very concerned. I am afraid I am wrecking my body by not eating breakfast. Eating breakfast is supposed to give my body energy and boost my metabolism.......and also that I should eat every 3-4 hours to keep my metabolig fire burning. What you you guys think? Help me out here. Should I be setting an alarm for 4 AM to get some food down the hatch?

in for the metabolig.
    This. I need to stoke my metabolig flame.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    do what helps you....in the morning before i go to the gym, im lucky to get a cup of coffee in. i eat 4-6 meals a day...with a protein drink after i go to the gym. im lucky if i get breakfast on my rest days...

and ps. jac, i hope this is a serious question. :flowerforyou:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Jacw, your body is like a locomotive. You have to feed coal into the fire to make the steam to roll down the tracks. Now, the tender doesn't have to be full -- you lose weight when you put less coal into the tender than you take out to feed the fire. But you can't get the train rolling down the tracks if the fires are out. You have stoke the fires up with fresh coal to build a fresh head of steam. You can't pull your load with last night's steam. I hope this helps.

Edited to clarify - I'm talking about a freight locomotive not a smaller commuter/passenger type train.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Eating two eggs first thing in the morning will increase your weight loss by 60 %. You should try it.
  • ladymnlite
    ladymnlite Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm not huge on breakfast either because seasonal allergies make my stomach upset in the morning.

You could try to have some snacks ready for a quick breakfast on the go. Maybe have some cubed cheese, nuts, or peel some hard-boiled eggs and put them in baggies in the fridge. Then you already have those things portioned out and ready to grab before you head out the door. An egg is about 70 calories. Not sure how much cheese or nuts would be. You'd at least have a little protein and it would probably wake up your metabolism.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Eating two eggs first thing in the morning will increase your weight loss by 60 %. You should try it.

Just the whites? I heard the yolks make you fat and increase your cholesterol.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    You should be eating about 4 eggs (without the fetus) every morning.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean....interested in finding out more......hard to no what to do....
  • anndello1
    Options
    Why not try a low fat smoothie using your favourite fruits. tasty, filling and a great start to the day :)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    no u dont get up at 4 to eat ............your body need srest to lose weight......
    anyways if u are hungry in th e morning eat- eat fruit. eat toast- 2 slices is 110 calories. eat something low cal if u are worried about calories
    but if u are hungry eat
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Jacw, your body is like a locomotive. You have to feed coal into the fire to make the steam to roll down the tracks. Now, the tender doesn't have to be full -- you lose weight when you put less coal into the tender than you take out to feed the fire. But you can't get the train rolling down the tracks if the fires are out. You have stoke the fires up with fresh coal to build a fresh head of steam. You can't pull your load with last night's steam. I hope this helps.

So we all should be up at 4:00am to eat a robust breakfast. Should it be gluten free? I mean, i love rice chex, but can i have milk before 6am? Or ever? Isn't milk bad for you? I'd have eggs, but the cholesterol and protein have me flummoxed. What would you suggest?
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    u dont need to eat every 3-4 hours
    eat when u are hungry dont wake up to eat unless its m orning a nd time to get up
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Ya gotta fuel that furnace, brah!

Yo, it's easy: 6 meals a day, and pound that protein drink before, during and after your workout . . . maybe an IV protein drip while curling in the squat rack.

peace out
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the others about the eggs.
    But to really "kick start" your metabolism add bacon.
    Makes your body work harder to digest the pork.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

Edited to clarify - I'm talking about a freight locomotive not a smaller commuter/passenger type train.

What about environmentally friendly solar powered trains? :ohwell:

This didnt work for me. The weight gain I had when doing this was about 130%. Not sure if the 6 pancakes I had with it had an effect on it or not? Should it be just 2 eggs? What about sausage or bacon?
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    Maybe a protein shake or something of that sort would help you so you don't have to wake up dead tired and make something. I feel your pain, 4 am is REALLY early. I think it would be hard for me to want to eat then, too :)
  • anndello1
    Options
    does the 2 eggs for breakfast really work? I thought they were meant to be binding...
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    So we all should be up at 4:00am to eat a robust breakfast. Should it be gluten free? I mean, i love rice chex, but can i have milk before 6am? Or ever? Isn't milk bad for you? I'd have eggs, but the cholesterol and protein have me flummoxed. What would you suggest?

Dude! Don't complicate it! IIFYM!! Just within an hour of waking up - unless it's from a nap. I'm only talking about >4 hours of sleep in a row. Also you want to start with the carbs and then go to protein and then eat the fats last -- but that's only if you have a choice in the matter because some foods are just a big old mishmash.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Brah if you're not already up at 4am and halfway through your crossfit session followed by a paleo friendly recovery shake then you're going about this ALL WRONG.

Studies show that a non paleo breakfast can reduce lean body mass, slow down glycogen replenishment, and kill your dog.