Can anyone give me some good Juicing ideas or recipes?

Options
I am buying a Juicer and I need some recipes that taste good please:)

Replies

• crissykclai
    Options
    I juice at least once per day and over time I've found I like them with less and less fruit. Here's my go to recipe that makes enough for my husband and I to both have a huge glass.

GREEN JUICE

3 small green apples
    2 cucumbers peeled unless organic
    7 stalks of celery
    3 handfuls of spinach
    2 handfuls of brussels sprouts
    1/2 lemon
    1 in of ginger peeled

The apples do add some sweetness, but it's a green juice. If you want more recipes please let me know, I've got lots!

Crissy
  • kimberlyw26
    Options
    Oh that is great and it sounds yummy!! Can you tell me the plus to juicing once a day? Do you lose more weight doing that once a day? I am new at this whole juicing thing but I heard it is really good for you.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I juice at least once per day and over time I've found I like them with less and less fruit. Here's my go to recipe that makes enough for my husband and I to both have a huge glass.

GREEN JUICE

3 small green apples
    7 stalks of celery
    3 handfuls of spinach
    1/2 lemon
    1 in of ginger peeled

The apples do add some sweetness, but it's a green juice. If you want more recipes please let me know, I've got lots!

Crissy

This.

And this.

1_absolut-vodka-quelle-pr_0_zps6e2f215a.jpg
  • kapot
    kapot Posts: 53
    Options
    My favourite post-workout is, celery, cucumber,carrots and limes. Throw in some strawberries and blueberries if you want it extra yummy.
  • slimforparis
    slimforparis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    There are loads of good recipes here: http://www.juicemaster.com/recipes/juices Enjoy!! I :love: my juicer.
  • kimberlyw26
    Options
    That looks yummy!! But I am sure it is loaded with calories. That will be a weekend drink;)
  • crissykclai
    Options
    Well I think the benefits are different for everyone. Personally, I suffer from fibromyaglia and migraines and I've found that juicing helps me to control the pain. When I juice daily, the inflammation in my body is reduced tremendously, I have energy to spare and I just feel great. Juicing is low calorie, so replacing at least one meal a day for me does result in weight loss. BUT it's really the nutrients and health benefits that I love more than the weight loss. I eat about 90% vegan, but allow myself to indulge when it's a celebratory time.

For juicing ideas I really like Kris Carr, she wrote, "Crazy, Sexy, Cancer", she has a cookbook and her website has a ton of recipes. I watched, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" which shows amazing transformations, but for me juicing 100% of the time wasn't realistic for my lifestyle or budget.

Like I said, it's different for everyone, but adding juice / vegan eating to my daily routine has given me my life back.

Crissy
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

GREEN JUICE

3 small green apples
    7 stalks of celery
    3 handfuls of spinach
    1/2 lemon
    1 in of ginger peeled

Crissy

This.

And this.

1_absolut-vodka-quelle-pr_0_zps6e2f215a.jpg

We can be best friends lol