Serious bodybuilders on mfp

Options
Do they exist?

If so hit me up. I would post more on bodybuilding.com but its hard to keep track of forum posts.

Seems like people on here are bodybuilder haters.

So if you are on here an only interested in bodybuilding shoot me a pm or friend request. It would be nice to talk to more like minded folks on here.

Also bodybeast by beachbody doesn't count :)

Replies

• TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I follow a lot of macronutrient/ and other nutrition advice from bodybuilder.com. I work out in the weight room for about 90 minutes - 4 days/week. I'm not a bodybuilder but I work out like one. I would like to do a figure competition someday.
  • Tyggress73
    Tyggress73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My PT is always asking me: Am I a bodybuilder or a weight lifter? LOL

Right now, I am a woman trying to lose weight, and lifting heavy things several times a week in the process. I have only lost 15 pounds in 6 months, BUT I have lost 12" overall. I love what my arms an booty are starting to look like!

Once I get the rest of this weight off of me, I plan to focus more on actual bodybuilding. I have considered competing someday, but I'm not sure if I have enough time/dedication to do that. I guess we'll see.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,521 Member
    Options
    I've been a bodybuilder my whole fitness life and still follow pro competitions like the Arnold and Olympia. I don't think people here hate bodybuilders, it's just that most don't want to look like them, therefore the lack of interest in it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • singbleu
    singbleu Posts: 4
    Options
    Also training for bodybuilding here after a long illness. I'm on Bodybuilding.com as well, but use MFP to track protein/carbs/calories.
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am not a body builder but very interested in how they achieve their results. Exercise, diet etc.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    There are many general BB who live in the MFP community but not those who have got pro cards eg. From Olympia / Arnold... Think they have expensive PT that figure out everything for them...
    Think it isn't hatred towards BB just put off by the big league competitors that juice... :cry:
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to it really. I would say I've really taken it seriously the last 7 months. A buddy of mine and I go regularly to the gym in the afternoon. He want's to be HUGE and I'm settling for smaller than HUGE. I've been on a 2 week hiatus, trying to get about 10lbs off and doing a lot of cardio (to improve my 2 mile run times for the Army). I'm planning on starting a heavier routine and start taking a mass gainer soon, however I've been wondering the value of a mass gainer over just taking more whey protein. I'll also be cycling back on creatine. I'm have an end in sight for the mass gainer though and it'll probably be August 1 when I go for a month of military training in VA. It also means I'll be coming off a creatine cycle then too. (1 month on, 1 month off)

I use mfp to track calories and protein intake. It has really helped me to start eating clean and cutting out a lot of the junk I used to eat. Heck, I baked some French fries the other day and since they were coated with oil and seasonings it didn't sit well with me. I can't eat the greasy foods anymore.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I'm not a bodybuilder but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

LOL

I am an Arnold fan and a Matt Wild Fan. I'm trying to put on mass but I don't want to compete.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Do they exist?

If so hit me up. I would post more on bodybuilding.com but its hard to keep track of forum posts.

So if you are on here an only interested in bodybuilding shoot me a pm or friend request. It would be nice to talk to more like minded folks on here.

Translation add me so I can sell you my program, oh yeah I am anti BB.
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Not a bodybuilder but have been lifting pretty heavy and I am in phase 3 of JAMIE EASON programme from bodybuilding. Com
    I want to loose weight and build lean mass. So I am just 2 months into weight lifting so quite new....

Would love to build my body after getting rid of this fat
  • ZenZeta
    ZenZeta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been toying around with the idea of bodybuilding. I lift weights and love it (especially the results), and I get asked if I'm a bodybuilder all the time. I prefer to call myself a lean mass builder. Currently, I would like to cut some fat and prep my mind for a bulk (had an epic fail on my first attempt. The scale got the best of me).

A lot of bodybuilders use MFP to track calories, macros, etc., but probably use other "bodybuilding" forums to communicate with each other. Personally, I felt like some of the comments on the BB forums were just too harsh, and I am more of a fan of using real food to build vs. a lot of supplements (although I do use whey protein powder to supplement by diet).

I would love to connect with more "serious" bodybuilders here. The vibe just seems to be more positive.
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    Do they exist?

Translation add me so I can sell you my program, oh yeah I am anti BB.

Who said i was selling anything? just trying to find some like minded individuals.
  • jalloggio
    Options
    Not a bodybuilder but have been lifting pretty heavy and I am in phase 3 of JAMIE EASON programme from bodybuilding. Com
    I want to loose weight and build lean mass. So I am just 2 months into weight lifting so quite new....

NICE :) My wife has used her program it really got her into bodybuilding as a hobby
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting for over 10 yrs and I frequent this forum as other fitness/bodybuilding forums like bodybuilding.com, T-nation.com, ironageforums, anabolicforums just to name a few. Bodybuilding/fitness is an ever evolving lifestyle with lots of trial and error.
  • ThorATK
    ThorATK Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    iiinnnnnn
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm a bodybuilder.

I have 3 competitions lined up this spring:

May 11th -- NANBF Ms Natural Minnesota
    June 1st -- NANBF Nutri-Sport Natural Iowa
    June 22nd -- NPC Minnesota State Championships
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

Same here, except that instead of the Jamie Eason program, I just started doing Lindsay Kaye Miller's fitness routine and a modified version of her muscle building nutrition plan. I loved the muscle I was getting with my old routine with my trainer, but decided to amp it up a bit by dropping a lot of the cardio I was doing. I would love to get into fitness model shape.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You may want to check out the groups. This is one that i know of, I haven't checked out more.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/128-bodybuilding

I competed in figure last year but I'm a little ADD with my goals. I've crossed over to crossfit and am more of a triathlete/runner at heart.
  • jalloggio
    Options
    I'm a bodybuilder.

Nice man. I'm shooting for ocb in 2014 will be my first time on stage
  • jalloggio
    Options
    I'm a bodybuilder.

Nice man. I'm shooting for ocb in 2014 will be my first time on stage

Sorry for the man comment I was using my iPhone and couldn't see your profile pic