"Your song" (songs with your name in them)

Replies

• Workinonit123
    Workinonit123 Posts: 38 Member
    "Amanda" by Boston

"Mandy" by Barry Manilow

I think I prefer the Barry Manilow one, although I love Boston...

And Amanda by Don Williams
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    I got nothin for Christy :(

Yes you do! The song Kristy, Are You Doing OK? by The Offspring. I know, because my name is Kristy :tongue:

Kristy at least you spell your name the right way. Not too many of us out there.

I didn't know about The Offspring song so I was going to go with ***** by Meredith Brooks or I Touch Myself by the Divinyls
  • Whenever I hear the song "Amber" by 311, it always makes me smile for the simple fact that I can pretend the song is about me. (I know, I'm so vain.)

Who else has a name that has been mentioned in songs? If you have a "common" name and there are multiple ones, which one is your favorite?

Don't report me for excluding people with unheard-of names, it's not my fault what your parents named you :tongue:

^^ Me too :wink: --- And..... America the Beautiful, because lets be legit right now, Amber waves of grain....
  • christy3565
    christy3565 Posts: 349
    "Christie Road" by Green Day
  • valerieberk
    valerieberk Posts: 6 Member
    It is a toss-up between "Valerie" from Amy Winehouse and Steve WInwood
  • valerieberk
    valerieberk Posts: 6 Member
    It is a toss-up between "Valerie" from Bruno Mars and Steve WInwood
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Healthy_fresh_start Posts: 183 Member
    my real name is Angel (i wish i was joking haha) take your pick
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    The "*****" is back! LOL :)
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member

My real name is Sunshine. I'm in the same boat, lol :tongue:
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Healthy_fresh_start Posts: 183 Member

haha glad it not just me in this boat!!! the songs however i dont mind too much, not sure ill ever get used to walking past women with my name written across their cleavage or *kitten* though lol
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member

haha glad it not just me in this boat!!! the songs however i dont mind too much, not sure ill ever get used to walking past women with my name written across their cleavage or *kitten* though lol

LMAO!!!!! :laugh:
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Jamie's Cryin' - Van Halen
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    I never heard one! So i googled it. "Song's with Cheryl" and found a really sh*tty one called "Cheryl's Going Home" - listened on Youtube.

Wish I didn't. :laugh:
  • jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    I'm named after two songs. Sunshine, my first name, is from Sunshine by Jonathon Edwards. And Jasmine, my middle name, is from Summer Breeze.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    "Crazy B!tch"...buck cherry. It might not be my given name, but I've heard it so much my neck snaps when I hear it. "Yes?"

25-ways-to-live-life-like-karen-walker-1-28305-1363113204-9.jpg
  • My Kindergarten teacher ruined my entire elementary school career by teaching the class a song called "Katie the Cow", of which the main lyrics consisted of "moo, moo Katie the cow".
  • kschoono
    kschoono Posts: 344 Member
    The song that have my name is I'll l Take you Home again Kathleen. My dad used to sang that song to me when I was a kid. :)
  • Einahhh
    Einahhh Posts: 139
    "Stephanie Says" - The Velvet Underground

Apparently there's a bunch of songs with "Stephanie" as the title and I listened to a few, and it's really weird.
  • Einahhh
    Einahhh Posts: 139
    My Kindergarten teacher ruined my entire elementary school career by teaching the class a song called "Katie the Cow", of which the main lyrics consisted of "moo, moo Katie the cow".
    "Katie" by Missy Higgins is one of my favourite songs, though!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    None that I know of with Ashlin, but when my best friend's dad was sick shortly before he passed, he couldn't keep names straight and started calling me Veronica which to our knowledge he never even knew a Veronica...but whenever I hear West Side Story by LFO, I think of him.