Any Cosplayers/Nerds/Gamers/Anime Peeps here?

Options
Not gonna lie, on of the reasons I want to get fit is for a cosplay that I'm doing come this July.
Any other nerds here?

- JECA

Replies

• fayeonherway
    Options
    Not gonna lie, on of the reasons I want to get fit is for a cosplay that I'm doing come this July.
    Any other nerds here?

- JECA

I'm consider myself nerdy because I've been obsessed with STEM since I was 5, I have two engineering degrees, I've had an internet presence since 1991, I still use mIRC and Star Trek TNG was the best show ever created. I do like some gaming, not really into Anime but I love anything done by Studio Ghibli.
  • JaclynDawn
    Options
    I'd say I'm a different kind of nerd altogether...More into fantasy/sci-fi.

But I got very into Fable and Kingdom Hearts, and recently watched my first two animes! I really want to watch more anime, but I don't know where to start, there are so many. The two I saw were Death Note and Elfen Lied. Maybe you could recommend something similar that I might like?
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I absolutely love the idea of cosplaying, unfortunately, I'm not really interested in any of the fandoms that have like, an active cosplaying community or whatever. I have a friend that is, though, and I've made her a costume before and it was a lot of fun to make!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    < cosplay, D&D, star wars, anime, and many other nerdiness have I always loved.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Gaming is what I do to get away from everything. I love it. I wish I could do Cosplay. That would be fun. I'd probably just dress up around my house though lol
  • Mharren
    Mharren Posts: 60
    Options
    I love seeing the people that Cosplay, I don't do it personally. But I love games. Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Parasite Eve, I was RAISED on this stuff baby. Oh. and World of Warcraft....heck yas
  • RosemarieSenpai
    RosemarieSenpai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Any other nerds here?

- JECA

Yuppers. *raises hand*

Fave Anime: Fairy Tail and too many others to mention (Chobits, Bleach, Black Rock Shooter, Kuro****suji, High School of The Dead, Aoi no Exoricist, Sailor Moon).
    Fave Sunday Tune In: Walking Dead -- too bad season 3's over, onward to season 4 though!
    Fave Video Game: Gears of War, Minecraft, League of Legends
    Fave Board Game: D&D 3.5e (only one I've played when I lived across my country.

As for cosplay? It's an expensive hobby but I usually wing my cosplay last minute when a convention comes around, I manage to pull it off well. But I'm planning on going all out this year with cosplaying since I'm getting something commissioned.
  • chibbisibbie
    chibbisibbie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ohh Me Me!! I am working on a Lulu (FFX) cosplay right now as well as a Tardis one... So many belts LOL. There are a lot of cosplays that I would love to do but I don't feel fit enough and yes it it a big motivator!!
  • reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    death note, world of warcraft, skyrim, another (anime), fullmetal alchemist, doctor who
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I love to see people cosplay. I'm not much of a gamer but I am a huge fan of anime.
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I regularly cosplay as Rikku.

I don't know how geeky it is to like anime or gaming these days, I think it's fairly commonplace to enjoy those things.
  • kagemitsu
    Options
    Gamer here. :) I'm trying to lose weight because women don't seem to find it attractive when you chat with them and go like "you know, I got 100% completion on Skyrim, all achievements done."

Gonna get that 6-pack eventually. :P
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    YES! I am an otaku! I am also getting fit for cosplay! ^_^!
  • glamroxjax
    glamroxjax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm super into Sci-Fi and even some Fantasy. Star Wars, Star Trek and STtNG, Doctor Who, Battlestar G, Dune, LOtR, anything with vamps, and Supernatural. Actually most Joss Whedon. lol I'd love to do Cosplay, but funds are low for that.
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Gamer here. :) I'm trying to lose weight because women don't seem to find it attractive when you chat with them and go like "you know, I got 100% completion on Skyrim, all achievements done."

Just treat exercise as an RPG. I always imagine +1 Knowledge appearing above my head when I finish a book, or +1 Fitness when I finish working out.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i came here in 2010 to get fit enough to bare my belly in a winry rockbell cosplay

never did that one, but yeah, cosplay is fabulous, and i play some games and all that stuff. there's groups available here, too, to find more folks with your interests
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options

Just treat exercise as an RPG. I always imagine +1 Knowledge appearing above my head when I finish a book, or +1 Fitness when I finish working out.

Ha Pretty Good
  • trollsb
    trollsb Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm currently building ( since its well more than just sewing) my costume for the red dwarf convention in Birmingham on the 2nd of may. I lose some of the time between now and then, because I will be travelling from Australia.
  • Penny_Lane_
    Penny_Lane_ Posts: 163
    Options
    Yes we actually have a large gamer community here! You should join the MFP gamer group!