Looking for some Christian friends

Options

Replies

• EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Look through Groups...you will find "Like Titled people". Otherwise we all are a bunch of Human Beings with a similar goal...To Get/Stay Healthy and/or Lose Weight.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    post reported for discrimination on basis of religion.

Seriously??

She's not discriminating against anyone. She is merely looking for folks who might share similar values. What is wrong with that?

Many Christians believe that our bodies are God's temples and to be cared for accordingly, which relates to weight loss. Many Christians also feel that prayer can be a powerful tool in overcoming struggles, including weight loss.

I think you overreacted in reporting the post.

And to the OP. I am a Christian mother of three, well beyond college age, but feel free to add me if you need more "pals." :-)

I have somewhat similar values to those of faith, however see my body as a temple because I respect myself and my own hard work. And I literally plan on going jogging to a temple, actually, to pay respect to the gods of Asia who don't dictate what I should do.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Oh, come on. How is this hurting you? I'm not Christian, but I don't care that others are, and are looking for people who share their faith.

To be honest, I think it's good for her to mention this, so people who are offended by religious posts don't add her.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Seriously??

She's not discriminating against anyone. She is merely looking for folks who might share similar values. What is wrong with that?

Many Christians believe that our bodies are God's temples and to be cared for accordingly, which relates to weight loss. Many Christians also feel that prayer can be a powerful tool in overcoming struggles, including weight loss.

And to the OP. I am a Christian mother of three, well beyond college age, but feel free to add me if you need more "pals." :-)

hehe. I wasn't serious. i enjoy you indignation tho. mega lolz.

frabz-yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-overreaction-so-im-going-to-overreact-w-4770e9.jpg

HAH! Excellent. :smile:
  • t3chl3ts
    t3chl3ts Posts: 6
    Options
    Female Christian Progressive, beyond college age.
    I mention the Progressive part in case you would prefer (or not) to associate with someone who is politically and spiritually liberal.
  • Refined_by_Fire
    Refined_by_Fire Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi-I'm Christian but not a college student. You can add me if you like!:flowerforyou:
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Seriously??

Get outta here...I know a LOT of people who are Christians and do NOT share the same Value System. And if they really believe that their Bodies were temples, they would not need a Calorie Counter, "If you believe the Word, you DO the Work." Same Value System my *kitten*!!! LOL
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Very proud to be a child of God! Full time mom (of a toddler) and housewife so juggling is my middle name lol.
  • MotivatedMich
    MotivatedMich Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am a Christian, not a college student anymore, but I wouldn't mind having a few more friends either! I can use all of the support I can get! Add me if you would like. :happy:
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm not a college student but am a Christian. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • minimah7
    minimah7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am a Christian female and I am college student [in my 30s]. It is never too late to go to school, lose weight, start a family, break a bad habit, replace it with a good habit, run a marathon, etcetera, etcetera. Ha ha! Feel free to add me! I am here to motivate and be motivated. We can do this! :smile:

BTW: there is nothing wrong with searching for 'like-minded' people to form bonds with. 'Where there are two or three, touching and agreeing in my name, there I am in the midst also.'- let the Word of the Lord shine a light in our lives. Be blessed! *I had to paraphrase. Lol!
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    To all who got mad at me for "discriminating".... I am just trying to have like minded friends.

Please don't let those that don't approve of your desire for other Christian friends on MFP bother you. Phil 4:9!
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Add Me!
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    don't judge me, or i judge yo' *kitten* mofo :indifferent:

Incubus :heart:
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

Seriously? That's just really sad.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Nevermind, I misread something. Carry on

PS, not christian, so I don't really belong in the thread. But still, carry on.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    people loving the incubus tonight. maybe i should start my own thread...

discrimination. no, sorry.
  • islandlifenc
    islandlifenc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Christian homeschooling momma here! I'm way past the college years now, but I am happy to meet fellow sisters in Christ. :^)
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    people loving the incubus tonight. maybe i should start my own thread...

discrimination. no, sorry.

dammit... foiled by my own sense of morality...
  • SAHMomma2_4
    Options
    Christian, momma to 4 little ones... feel free to add me! :)
This discussion has been closed.