Sports bra help

Options
2»

Replies

• poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Let a friend support them...er I meant you. LMAO.

Sorry had to!
  • aronao
    aronao Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra with a tight crop top or tank over it. Even though I've had the "girls" downsized, I still find most sports bras, whilst they do reduce the bounce, don't actually stop the bounce.
  • desertcrafty
    desertcrafty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Title 9 bras no question. I bought three bras from them (DD, Athena) three years ago and they are still in great shape. I can run and do 30 day shred very comfortably. I was unsure about the bra I wanted, so I chatted with a salesperson online and I was very happy with my order. It was worth every penny, check their sales section though, you might find something a little cheaper.
  • dmg16duke
    dmg16duke Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'd second those recommendations. I use the shock absorber (the band runs small, be forewarned), and the 7 Wonders for my workouts. I do running, high impact aerobics, and personal training with a lot of plyometric work in them, and those are my favorites.
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my moving comfort http://www.movingcomfort.com/Maia/350011,default,pd.html
    It's like wearing two (one to hold em up, one to hold em down) it has an underwire bra with a compression bra over top. I've seen sexier sports bras but they only are good for standing still looking cute.

Natural 34DD/DDD...or 34E depending on brand. (34DD in the moving comfort)
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I bought one at Lane Bryant. I'm a 38DDD. Good support, even doing a downward facing dog.

This brought back memories of a not so graceful boobie escape (one of my girls freed herself during downward dog in yoga class). This was before my moving comfort bra. The joys of being endowed ;)
  • chunkadoo
    chunkadoo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have Shock Absorber Bras and some Saucony ones. I'm only a C, but I actually lost half a cup due bad sports bras (too much movement while running hard) so I take no chances!
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Enell - hands down best sports bra ever...hard to get on at first..but you soon figure it out...
    and for the first time EVER as an adult...I didn't have to wear two sports bras...

tip - if you do get one - hand wash and hang to dry and it will last FOREVER...and the hooks and eyes won't get banged up
    and rust...
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34D/DD. I have always just bought my bras a couple sizes small. I buy cheap sports bras from Target (or wherever) and get either a small or a 32 B/C. I try them on and jump around in the dressing room. If my boobs don't move, that's what I buy.

I've been meaning to check out some nicer sports bras in my size but this has always worked for me and I can't seem to justify the cost. Don't get me wrong, I'll buy expensive bras because they last years but I don't want to spend a small fortune on sports bras that wear out after maybe six months.
  • shewasthewalrus
    shewasthewalrus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Check out the subreddit ABraThatFits (http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/). It will change your entire outlook on undergarments and boob support. They have tons of posts about sports bras too.
  • Hepburn43
    Hepburn43 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    As a Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor I highly recommend Title Nine. My clients love them!
  • shewasthewalrus
    shewasthewalrus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I found the link to their main sports bra guide. It's really important that you look up their guide for measuring yourself, because the system we are always taught is flawed. That why most women wear the wrong bra size.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/comments/19vsc8/sports_bra_guide/
  • Osu2k1
    Osu2k1 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Enell, best bang for the buck, mine is almost 2 years old, and is finally needing to replaced. Check out teamestrogen.com.
  • Jocmc631942
    Jocmc631942 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh great idea, about buying to a size to small because I might need it anyway when I loose more weight. Thanks
    Jo
  • mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    I tried them all. The best one is Victoria Secret Incrdible Bra (Maximum support). It comes in actual bra sizes. It does not give you the "uni boob" look.
    I work out several hours a day (run, kick box, Nike training, heavy lift, etc.) and this is the only bra i will use.
    Good luck