Lean Cuisine Salad Additions?

Options
I get frozen prepared meals all the time, and I personally really enjoy them. They are tasty and convenient for me. I noticed Lean Cuisine now makes salad additions. You just take your own lettuce, add their toppings, and boom-done. Has anyone tried any yet? Any thoughts? I don't really want to buy any if they aren't worth it....I know they aren't expensive, I was just hoping for critiques/recommendations.

Replies

• MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My daughter takes them to work. She loves them. (I love the extra points I get on the Lean Cuisine Delicious Rewards site.) You, of course, can make a salad just like this but the "kit" makes it so much easier/convenient.
  • meganshort11
    meganshort11 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My daughter takes them to work. She loves them. (I love the extra points I get on the Lean Cuisine Delicious Rewards site.) You, of course, can make a salad just like this but the "kit" makes it so much easier/convenient.

thank you so much! i will have to pick some up...i suppose i COULD just make my own salad. it would probably be cheaper....but i am a realist, and i love convenience. thanks for your feedback!!!
  • caseym87
    caseym87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I tried the southwest one and thought it was really gross. The vegetables were mushy and watery. It was weird putting hot vegetables on cold lettuce, too.
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have tried the asian, southwest and cranberry ones, I usually let them cool slightly before topping my salad with them. We loved them. They are a great quick lunch!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I didn't overly enjoy them - it is HOT steamed veggies & meat on cold greens. Plus the carb levels where crazy high for what they are (not everyone cares about that part, but still). I still have 3 in the freezer and I don't know if I will eat them.
  • FLCANDI81
    FLCANDI81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like them a lot and I have tried all the flavors. It is a matter of personal preference if you will like the hot vegetables and meat on cold lettuce. If you get romaine or spinach as your base, it holds up pretty well to the warmth and won't go all soggy on you. I also let the pouch sit for 2 minutes after microwaving it and a lot of the water evaporates while it sits, you can also spooon the veggies out rather than dumping them to avoid the "wetness" factor as well. I recommend them.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    sounds awful
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I absolutey love them
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love them. My favorite one is the Southwestern one. I put some fat free refried beans on a plate, a bed of salad, and then the salad addition. Sometimes I add a little taco sauce with the dressing they provide. I like a lot of dressing on my salad. It is yum!
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I tried the cranberry one...I personally thought it was nasty. Just my opinion though! :noway:
  • apothecarist
    Options
    I'm a Lean Cuisiner'er myself but haven't yet tried the salad additions. They sound pretty good and convenient.
  • lilxocrush
    Options
    I tried the cranberry one and did not like it at all. I make better salads myself for a lot cheaper.
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'd personally skip them, but only b/c I think it would just be a WHOLE lot cheaper (and not that much less convenient, really) to buy the ingredients separately and just make a salad? Lol. Plus then ya know, less processed, you have more control over what goes in, etc etc etc.

Personal choice though!