Wondering why I'm bothering...

Options
After two weeks of weighing and measuring everything I eat, sticking to my calories and exercising like a demon I have lost the grand total of 1lb and that was in my first week!

Sorry to whinge but really can't see the point of this now...

Replies

• milozara
    milozara Posts: 24
    Options
    How much are you trying to loose? Im doing 1lb per week as well.
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough. Read this thread. Re-read it if you have to. I'm most certain it'll help you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937709-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    What were you expecting? 1lb per week is a very healthy and acceptable weight loss for one week.

How long did it take you to gain the weight? I expect it took a lot longer than one week so you cannot expect to lose it all in that time.

Be patient, stick with it and give it time.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    ^ what he said plus you are going to have to learn patience. This is not going to happen fast if you do it so it lasts.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    After two weeks of weighing and measuring everything I eat, sticking to my calories and exercising like a demon I have lost the grand total of 1lb and that was in my first week!

ah well... stay fat and unhealthy then!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Then don't bother. I wonder how much you were expecting to lose right away? I didn't lose anything for a month when I started last year..... now I'm below my goal weight.

Don't bother trying then if you are ready to give up after 2 weeks, cause it's going to be a lot longer than 2 weeks to lose more than that. I'm at 15 months & counting so far.
  • lmcla828
    lmcla828 Posts: 29
    Options
    1 pound of fat is a lot more than you may think.. I felt like this too sometimes and I would go look up what a pound of it looks like and imagine that never being on my body again! It's empowering!! Plus 3,500 calroies is no small feat. Don't regret that pound you lost (= enjoy it and think about all the pounds you'll be adding to it in the future! You'll never regret continuing to try, you'll only regret giving up (=
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Be patient! In the first month of exercising after my 2nd baby (she was 7 weeks old when I started back) I lost something stupid like 2lbs! But I lost lots of inches. Are you measuring?

Imagine if I'd quit then. I wouldn't now be 60lbs down and a US size 8!

It takes time and effort, but it's so worth it. I saw this on Facebook - 'losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.'.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

You beat me to it!
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options

You beat me to it!

Giggity.
  • ClaireSmith811
    ClaireSmith811 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up I felt the same at the beginning. I've stuck to 1200 cals for the past 6 months, don't do much exercise apart from the odd walk a couple of times a week and I've now lost 25lb going from 154lb down to 129lb. I had hoped it would've dropped off quicker but it didn't, some times I stayed the same weight for weeks on end and this was very frustrating but eventually it started moving again. I'll be happy with another stone off.

Stick with it you'll get there. At least it was 1lb off this week and not 1lb on lol!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    That's because you've got a weak mentality.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    as the others said, 2 weeks typically wont show a loss if u are losing weight the healthy way. even if u lost 5 lbs, it would be water weights- its not like u will see a physical difference in 2 weeks
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Get a grip..it's been only two weeks!!
  • MrsWells1983
    Options

LOVE this!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    .....and what's the alternative. Stay fat?
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Get a grip

THIS!
  • HollyWalle
    HollyWalle Posts: 31 Member
    Options

its a marathon, not a sprint.
  • SweetPea12013
    Options

Love it, so true.