Options

Replies

• Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Lets see:
    Boobs GONE!
    Azz GONE!
    Shaving armpits- I love that one. And legs when you prop your leg up all these muscles pop out and its hard to shave!
    I am cold most of the time
    Takes forever to burn 2300 cals a day!
    My droid arm band is too big for my arm! Go figure, one size fits all, I will have to add more velcro. Too funny.
    I sat in a hard chair at Red Lobster and thought I broke my tailbone when I plopped down on it.
    I went from a size 14 to a freaking 0! bought alllllllllllllllll new clothes, bummer I know. My husband says there isnt a size smaller and I would have to go to the kids section. Even XS shirts are too big. Shopping for clothes that fit, is a challenge these days.
    I feel like I want to exercise all the time and am obsessed with my Fitbit, find it really hard to sit in an office all day!
    I want to be outside all the time, walking/running/riding the bike, hiking
    Healthy organic food is expensive!
    I obsess over restaurants as well, I wont eat at many places I used to love! I wish I could.
    Havent eaten fast food in almost 1 year!
    I am so aware of the quality of food now, and find it hard to keep my comments to myself sometimes.

All jokes aside- I am extremely happy - its a great feeling to have people say you are too thin! ( thats sounds nuts surely) Just had a physical and doc says I am fabulous and my blood is fantastic! Off all the meds I was on, including antidepressants!

But my thing is I freaking did it!!!!! May 7th is one year for me on here. I remember the first day I started and how hard it was and how it consummed my every thought. It got easier after a few months and I went strong! Not sure how much longer I will go w/logging. It doesnt cause mean any pain to log so I will carry on until I dont anymore. It has become such a impt part of my life the past year, kindof afraid to stop ;)

Good luck to all of you!!! You all can do it! Great support here!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I am cold, all the time! And I'm spending too much on new clothes.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    None of my clothes fit anymore. I am too lazy to go buy new ones and am not sure when I'll settle at a good weight (and I do NOT want to buy new clothes more than once) so I just walk around looking frumpy all day.

lol this is me, just add in too broke as well !
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought about how I will sink in the ocean now! How on earth can I enjoy my vacation (in a new pretty swimsuit) if I'm going to keep sinking in the lake!?
  • pilarter
    pilarter Posts: 49
    Options
    I only lost 15 lbs, and I want to lose 4-5 more to achieve my goal. but scale refuse to move, and i quit worrying about it since metric tape is my best friend now. What I cannot understand is why my %bf remains the same (high) when all those inches are gone from my waist and hips, and my boobs are melting in a daily basis, while I started on resistance training not only cardio. I would thank some advice about this. My diary is open!
    Not ruined at the mall, as my 13 yo daughter is growing as fast as I get leaner so we exchange outfits :)
    Many of you would save some money buying a sewing machine and learning how to use it!
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it sucks. Not at all. It's actually quite awesome.

I do notice I am cold more often though. Before, I used to always want the AC on, now the vents are closed in my room and I still sleep with a comforter and sometimes an extra blanket. The upside? The electricity bill is lower!

Clothes that don't fit are a big one for me. Luckily, I don't like to throw away old clothes, and I do have clothes from when I was gaining weight. Going in reverse now :-)

This one is weird: I sweat a lot more. Before, I could do a whole workout and not break a sweat, now 5 minutes in to a fairly moderate intense treadmill run and I'm dripping. Sometimes I have to park off campus to get to class, and that walk makes me break into a light sweat. I don't get it - I'd think losing weight would mean I sweat less.
  • fightingthefood
    Options
    My gripe is that I do all the cooking at home and can't eat any of it. My wife eats like a horse, consumes about 2-3 lbs. of chocolate a week not to mention the ice cream she eats and has never been over 95lbs. without being pregnant. With all four kids she went to 150lbs. and three months later right back to 95 lbs. If she misses a lunch break at work she will lose between 3-5lbs. in a day. Seems like all I have to do is stir the pot and will gain 5 lbs. She complains about not being able to gain weight. How I wish I had her problem.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    My gripe is that I do all the cooking at home and can't eat any of it. My wife eats like a horse, consumes about 2-3 lbs. of chocolate a week not to mention the ice cream she eats and has never been over 95lbs. without being pregnant. With all four kids she went to 150lbs. and three months later right back to 95 lbs. If she misses a lunch break at work she will lose between 3-5lbs. in a day. Seems like all I have to do is stir the pot and will gain 5 lbs. She complains about not being able to gain weight. How I wish I had her problem.

Steal some of her DNA and we will splice it into the MFP collective. Any one here a genetic engineer? I have a Dremel and some duct tape, if that helps.
  • becnaffine
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Burning a lot less calories doing the same exercises. I am going to have to rethink all me exercises now. I used to have about 10-12 pairs of jeans I could wear. Now I only fit into 1-2 and even they are starting to get baggy. Might have to go shopping soon!
  • Nenusky
    Nenusky Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it sucks. Not at all. It's actually quite awesome.

I do notice I am cold more often though. Before, I used to always want the AC on, now the vents are closed in my room and I still sleep with a comforter and sometimes an extra blanket. The upside? The electricity bill is lower!

Clothes that don't fit are a big one for me. Luckily, I don't like to throw away old clothes, and I do have clothes from when I was gaining weight. Going in reverse now :-)

This one is weird: I sweat a lot more. Before, I could do a whole workout and not break a sweat, now 5 minutes in to a fairly moderate intense treadmill run and I'm dripping. Sometimes I have to park off campus to get to class, and that walk makes me break into a light sweat. I don't get it - I'd think losing weight would mean I sweat less.

I have the same dilenma! Losing actually means you sweat more cos your metabolism's revved up.:smile:
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'm burning a lot less calories for the same exercise level compared to when I was bigger and less fit. My TDEE is now lower than my weight-loss calories were (so I'd actually GAIN weight if I ate what I used to be able to eat to LOSE weight).

I haven't wanted to go swimming now that I know I can't float serenely!

I miss shopping at Evans (outsize shop). The staff were nice, they didn't treat you as if you were shop-lifting whenever you wanted to try on clothes, and the changing rooms were huge.

I might be imagining it, but it feels like my fat is now more flabby than plump :(.

My shoes are too big (I expected it with the clothes, but I didn't realise I was going to have to throw out my entire shoe collection).
  • LouiseH238
    LouiseH238 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The computer isn't near as fun anymore. Mostly all I did before was play games and surf the web. Now, I am mostly here when I am on the computer, not that this is a bad place, but it isn't Tetris. I feel trapped when I am not outside or when I'm not doing something.

THIS. To the extent that I've been off work sick for two days and I'm climbing the walls because I want to go out and exercise but I can't.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    hold up....what is this non floating thing???? I live far far north and haven't been swimming since....oh 50-60 pounds ago....are u telling me I'm gonna sink??? I need to know this - vacation next month - do i need little kid arm floaties?? :huh:
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have these gorgeous jeans... They no longer fit me :((
  • elysehunt
    elysehunt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • betbetrex
    betbetrex Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Illudium Q -36 Explosive Space Modulator

lol! Love a good Ghostbusters reference!
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My shirts are all loose now, I have to eat constantly to fuel my weights, I have to carry protein powder in my car, I wear annoying fuzzy socks on my feet at night because I get so cold, arms get all weird looking and veiny after weight training, annoyed at having to buy better fitting clothes for my super hot bod.

Wah....this is fun!
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I used to get cold because of poor circulation and thyroid issues; now I get cold because I've lost a 61 kilogram blankie and to add to that we're heading into winter. Argggh! The only thing that makes me warm is exercise, so darn it ... I'm starting to do more than one session of Zumba a day just to keep warm. And drinking all this water makes me visit the bathroom more which is a terrible inconvenience! ;) But what tops it off is every time I Zumba my...er, underwear...falls down so I spend half the time hitching. lol
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    The jeans I fitted at 21 are now too loose, while skinny jeans in the same size are pretty good. People at work don't realise that my skinny arms are stronger. I get strange looks at work because I eat a lot of things like lasagna and other high cal dinners. Yet some hardly eat and stay the same. The small pants at work are getting loose and I have to tie the drawstring and I need to wear belts :sad: . Also if I am hungry I eat. Even if it's over my daily calories. Some mfp don't get that. Damn metabolism of a teenager....