30 Day Shreddres - anyone out there?

Options
Hi All,

So i am on day 8 of the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD. So far so good and no injuries - Hooray!

I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there who is currently doing this or has done this DVD in the past?

I know there are forums out there but they all seem to be quite old or it's the bodybuilding type that seem to be putting the work out and the people who decide to do it down. (Boo them).

Please feel free to add me so we can swap notes!

Thanks

bekki :-)

Replies

• princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I started Last week am currently on day 6. I have to be honest, as much as I love Jillian, it is sooo BORING. I'm realizing I need uptempo. Right now I'm conflicted do I at least make it to level 2 before I say not for me. I have seen all the 30DS success threads and I WANT To like it but, eh!
  • Galloping4God
    Galloping4God Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I started last week. Going to do day 4 today! :)
  • rachael116
    Options
    I am! I just finished Day 4, level 2 this morning. I'll add you!

I'll be honest, I thought some of the Level 1 moves were a little bit easy, but Level 2 is tough! princessnik7 - if you think 1 is boring, you might want to jump to 2 and do the remaining 30 days on 2 & 3.
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    I am about to start Level 3 today :-) Level 2 is a b1tch, so many lunges and planks! but it'll be worth it in the end, 10 days left :-D Add me if you want :-) My half way measurements are my profile pic!
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I started last night! It was a great burn! Can't wait to see the results! Feel free to add me!
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Tried to start, on and off, I'm going to start again.
  • bekki84
    bekki84 Posts: 11
    Options
    Mmm yeah i thought that about level 1. I'm on day 8 now and looking forward to level 2 (should i say that)??

I didn't take measurements before i started though to see if i lose any inches. :-(
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 (level 1). My arms are killing! not sure if I should rest for a day or just get on with it..
  • Cathygal
    Cathygal Posts: 25
    Options
    I lost 12 pounds with the shred and it was the start to my 54 pound loss :smile: I also lost a lot of inches too! I am so thankful for the day I started the shred!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have added it into my routine . I did Monday, Wednesday, Friday last week and Monday so far this week. Was planing to do it tomorrow but I have a commitment. I think I would aggravate and injury if I tried to do it straight.
  • Cathygal
    Options
    Keep going. after day three the pain starts to go away. I felt the same way :)
  • amandajan25
    amandajan25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 10 of level 1. Can't wait to see what level 2 brings. lol
  • Cathygal
    Options
    I just finished day 3 (level 1). My arms are killing! not sure if I should rest for a day or just get on with it..
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've started and stopped. Started and stopped. Need to start again! Tonight! However, how do you know when to move up to the next level?
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Ok i'll keep at it and see how it goes :) Wanted to take a rest day every week but trying to make it until Saturday!
  • joannemgregory74
    Options
    I started today. I found some of the strength moves quite hard.

I can't do press ups at all as my upper body strength is bad. I have to admit I struggled but I will stick with it.
    I wasn't impressed with the cool down with about 5 seconds for each stretch.
    About half a hour later most of my leg muscles felt really tight, So I did 20mins on the cross trainer and did my usual round of 8-10 stretches holding each one for about 20 seconds.

Do most people do it every day or alternating days.
  • Linda5678
    Linda5678 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started Level 3 today. I did 3 days Level 1 then 9 days of Level 2 (I took 3 random days off during that time, so it has been 15 days since I started). I have lost 5.5 lbs and 1/2 inch off of each arm and thigh and 1 1/2 inchs from my middle. I love it! I am also doing half of the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds 2 Mile Walk (basically 1 mile of it) before I start Jillian each morning just for the extra cardio. I found level 2 much more challenging then Level 1 and Level 3 kicked my butt this morning!! I am trying to decide which one of her DVD's to start next???
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I did Day 7 of level 2 this morning! I'm loving the shred! I've lost 6 lbs since April 1st and significant amount of inches (not sure how many exactly as I didn't measure the first day). I've sent a FR to you! :) Anyone else can feel free to add me as well!
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Today is D3 for me and my arms are a little sore too. Im going to go ahead and try it.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Ok i'll keep at it and see how it goes :) Wanted to take a rest day every week but trying to make it until Saturday!

Definitely keep going! It gets better with each day! :)