HAPPY PEOPLE WANTED

Options
This is my first time on MFP and I need to loose the 40 lbs and hopefully more that I have gained since my depression started 1 yr ago/ I was able to loose 50lbs in the past by my self but it was very hard with no one to motivate me. I have a 14yr old son who also struggles with weight fluctuation and I want to be a good role model for him. I am hoping that focusing on weight loss and my health will help me with my depression as most of it is due to low self esteem. It is a viscous cycle between the depression and over eating to cover up :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: the pain and back to being sad cause i gained a few which again causes the over eating.... In desperate need of support and will in turn give as much back!

Replies

• scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Please add me if you'd like!
  • Natdogg37
    Natdogg37 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WELCOME :D
  • Fat2Fitby30
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! We are all here to help support eachother through this journey! Please add me if you would like.
  • puglover2012
    Options
    I am Aronda,
    I have made a choice for me to loose weight I have been big my whole life. Although I am Beautiful I want to be around as long as God lets me I am 48 and have chosen to follow a 1200 cal a day diet and exercise to get me where I want to be and its a long ways away but I know I can do it and I have set my mind to it and I have lost 15 pounds in the past three weeks. I am proud of eveeryone and keep up the good work!! :)
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Slowly move into a new lifestyle with your son. Eating new healthy things and exercising. We all would have never known what fast food was if it was never introduced. At some point you will not miss it and wonder why you ate things like that.

Add me if you need help along the way.
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :happy:
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Happy is overrated. Or something. :noway:

But, if you need more friends, feel free to add.:tongue:
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    Hey on here everyday. I look at each day as a day to get fitter which leads to being happy.
  • marilynolivares1
    marilynolivares1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    welcome add me if you like
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I too suffer from depression and anxiety and I know how hard it can be to lose weight while on medication. Please feel free to add me. I love new friends!!!
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me i log in everyday Good Luck :smile:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    welcome, feel free to add me. I am in need of good support too. I also have a teenage stepson who has had weight struggles. He is currently tring to lose 20 pounds so he can join the Marines. I wish you luck with your weight loss and with you son. Having teenages boys is a tough job.
  • Shelbsta22
    Options
    welcome! feel free to add me as well. I'm a pretty happy person :happy:
  • bigdrm21
    bigdrm21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too had the same struggles!

Key to fight depression...EXERCISE!!!

Congrats on your choice to join MFP!
  • trixie315
    trixie315 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if youd like! I'm all about positivity :))
  • Jeffrey_S
    Jeffrey_S Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request, I'm always glad to add anyone who is serious about achieving and motivating others to achieve a healthier life.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    KrZyQzF.jpg
  • Josh_92_
    Josh_92_ Posts: 23
    Options
    Add me :)
  • luswart
    luswart Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm happy - in fact very happy today! I was finally able to reach 2 goals today! I have less than 100 pounds yet to lose and I am finally within less than 50 pounds of catching down to my hubby's weight!