I Need Honest Review: Where Do I Still Need Work!?

Options
Hello Everyone!!
I am getting no help fom my friends/family/acquaintences! They all have a different opinion. When I was back home some would say my legs are too large others say I need to slim down my hips, while others say I need toned. I am currently over 5,000 miles away from almost everyone I know so I need your help instead! Where do I need the most work!? Criticism is wonderful motivation for me! Don't think you'll hurt my feelings, giv me the best....er worst you've got!!

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine, and that you shouldn't go by other people's opinions. Why put yourself up for "review"? No one but you cares. So work on getting the body YOU want.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    the only thing you need to work on is trusting your own opinion.
  • jetaylor63
    jetaylor63 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

agree :flowerforyou:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

agree :flowerforyou:

Agree x2. You look great. Just work on maintaining that awesome bod.
  • AngelaH10
    AngelaH10 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think you look gorgeous, and that you have a perfect body. Those "critiquing" you are just insecure with themselves. Start trusting your own opinion and celebrate that weight you lost. Your before and after pic is amazing. Congrats to you and your weight loss!
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    What do YOU want to change? That's all that matters. Are there parts of your body that bother you when you go to try on clothes? The way you feel about yourself is what's important.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I think you look way better in the picture without the guy...he brings the level of good looking way way way down

:flowerforyou:
  • lmcla828
    lmcla828 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm asking because I am not happy with my body yet and since I have come to a plateau with the things I have been working on I simply wanted to see ohers opinions so I could work on them to try and break my plateau I am currently on. I have three pounds left to go and this has been a long journey for me. I don't want to give up before I hit the milestone I've waited so long for.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Since you want critism I will give it, however I will first say that you look great! I think your body is at the point now where you just need to tighten up. I wouldn't "slim" down anything, work on just tightening up your skin around your arms, legs, and abs. Hitting the weights is where you need to be now. However I state again, you look GREAT!

Q
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You look great, that said, your young ,you should be lifting heavy weights to build muscle while your body can do this, I use to powerlift from 17 -24, the single best thing I ;ve ever done, now 30 years later I am reaping the benifit and still have plenty of lean muscle mass..goodluck
  • lmcla828
    Options
    The weights are where I have reached my plateau though and it is bothering me so much. once I began to bench over 200 I have not been able to budge a ound past it! Along with my squatting and curls!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options

That's a pretty good quote actually. But, I do like it when people seek honest feedback. It's a good, humble trait. Then, assess those opinions, decide if you agree or not, set goals, make a plan, and have fun! You look GREAT!
  • kwogni
    kwogni Posts: 18
    Options
    Please post more photos of yourself if you'd like a full review. I agree with everyone else who answered, your figure looks very good. If you want to break through your plateaus weight training, try other exercises to build the muscle groups. If you want to bench a heavier weight, try some other chest exercises for a few weeks and then try the bench press test. I can relate to your frustration - don't try constantly trying to bench press. It will only lead to constant frustration and even de-motivation. Step away and do other exercises in the meantime and then go back to the bench and succeed!
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    What is your goal? What do you want to look like? Need to know that before I can give any type of critique though you look amazing already.
  • jelk8881
    jelk8881 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look great and if you feel healthy then that is all that matters. Like some others said you could tone but only if you wanted to. It doesnt matter what anyone else thinks. As long as how you look makes you feel good.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    You look awesome....now hold me.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!
    I am getting no help fom my friends/family/acquaintences! They all have a different opinion. When I was back home some would say my legs are too large others say I need to slim down my hips, while others say I need toned. I am currently over 5,000 miles away from almost everyone I know so I need your help instead! Where do I need the most work!? Criticism is wonderful motivation for me! Don't think you'll hurt my feelings, giv me the best....er worst you've got!!

Anyone who says anything other "You look great!" is typically flamed pretty hard which is why nobody is actually telling you that you have any areas that you can improve and one poster went so far as to actually say that you have a perfect body. I know that is not what you are asking for so I will give my honest assessment.

After looking at your pictures I will say that you are at a point where you are actually focus your training on things you actually want to see change. While you can't spot reduce fat you can train a specific muscle. You will actually have to be more discipline with your diet then ever and it might not hurt for you to start some carb cycling. You won't hurt your appearance at all by bringing down your body fat percentage a bit more. You can also start focusing on things you want to be able to do now. Set a goal of being able to lift a heavier weight or run a distance faster. Things like this will still improve your health without you having to think about it as much.

You really do look great but we can always improve.
  • lmcla828
    Options
    I don't have an idea of what I would like to look like I just want to continue to change and better myself. I have come to a plateau with both my weight loss (three pounds away) and my lifting. Benching, squatting, curling. All of them are just stuck!
    What is your goal? What do you want to look like? Need to know that before I can give any type of critique though you look amazing already.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    The weights are where I have reached my plateau though and it is bothering me so much. once I began to bench over 200 I have not been able to budge a ound past it! Along with my squatting and curls!
    I gotta see a video post of the 200lbs bench press to assess.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    you look fine? just keep doing what you're doing. if you don't have a goal set then I can't see how others can help.. x)