I Need Honest Review: Where Do I Still Need Work!?

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    maybe work on your self esteem and self worth and your inner attributes. I wasn't surprised to see that a female posted this.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Not sure how anyone is supposed to answer this with those two pictures you have up.
  • kwogni
    kwogni Posts: 18
    Options
    You need to mix up your weight routine with new exercises hitting the muscle groups in different ways. It looks like your muscles have adapted to your current routine.
  • lmcla828
    lmcla828 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback, that is what I am looking for. It is much appreciated. I have been lifting for many months now as well.
    Hello Everyone!!
    I am getting no help fom my friends/family/acquaintences! They all have a different opinion. When I was back home some would say my legs are too large others say I need to slim down my hips, while others say I need toned. I am currently over 5,000 miles away from almost everyone I know so I need your help instead! Where do I need the most work!? Criticism is wonderful motivation for me! Don't think you'll hurt my feelings, giv me the best....er worst you've got!!

Anyone who says anything other "You look great!" is typically flamed pretty hard which is why nobody is actually telling you that you have any areas that you can improve and one poster went so far as to actually say that you have a perfect body. I know that is not what you are asking for so I will give my honest assessment.

After looking at your pictures I will say that you are at a point where you are actually focus your training on things you actually want to see change. While you can't spot reduce fat you can train a specific muscle. You will actually have to be more discipline with your diet then ever and it might not hurt for you to start some carb cycling. You won't hurt your appearance at all by bringing down your body fat percentage a bit more. You can also start focusing on things you want to be able to do now. Set a goal of being able to lift a heavier weight or run a distance faster. Things like this will still improve your health without you having to think about it as much.

You really do look great but we can always improve.
  • lmcla828
    Options
    Excuse me? I found this to be such a rude thing to say. Really. I am perfectly happy with myself and my inner attributes. I swim and wrestle for my university. I am not a person who cares if others think down of me so if someone has something negative to say about me it usually just turns into motivation for me. I wanted people's honest opinions and critiques of MY BODY. Not to have you tell me something like that.
  • lmcla828
    Options
    I'm sorry I shall put more pictures up. I tried to put it into the thread but I don't know how to just yet! I am new to posting anything.
    Not sure how anyone is supposed to answer this with those two pictures you have up.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Um... I would kill for your 2011 body so I would say you don't need to work on anything.

You're gorgeous! :flowerforyou:
  • montcowgirlwyo
    Options
    I agree! You look great! If all you see is imperfection you will never be satisfied. Learn to compliment yourself even on the areas you find least attractive about yourself. This is not an excuse to not try, either. Do your best, always.
  • _DaniD_
    Options
    once I began to bench over 200 I have not been able to budge a ound past it!

:indifferent:
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I think you even looked pretty good at 192!! The only thing I really noticed in your after pics were your arms. Maybe just tone up a bit more?? But honestly you do look awesome and you've dropped some serious weight!! All that hard work and dedication should keep you motivated, not strangers on the internet!
  • Igotdisbish
    Options
    I call B.S. 200lbs bench? nope
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options

Well, I would like to see pictures of that.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    If it's a question of stalling out on your lifts, then you need to look to things like:

a) Is your progression on your routine sensible? If you're at or near intermediate, you're likely going to need to split out your lifts so that your CNS can recover before your next session.
    b) Do you have a sticking point? For instance, on the bench, you can overcome sticking points by incorporating board presses into your routine. Google for Westside to get info on this. Also anything from Dave Tate/EliteFS as they are deep into this stuff too
    c) Are you getting enough rest/sleep/recovery/food? Self explanatory. You may also need to increase your muscle mass in order to lift heavier, which will mean eating at a caloric surplus and pushing on with your lifts (maybe using board presses, etc in conjunction). Building muscle will be a slow process though, so don't expect quick results

As for critiquing bodies, well that's just subjective opinion, so mostly meaningless. You look good to me though, so I wouldn't worry about it.....
  • _DaniD_
    Options

Well, I would like to see pictures of that.

You should enter bench press competitions if this is in fact true, as you would be considered among the elite.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

:noway:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine, and that you shouldn't go by other people's opinions. Why put yourself up for "review"? No one but you cares. So work on getting the body YOU want.

This!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I think your confidence can use a little more work :wink:
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    If you can bench 200, post a legit video of you doing it and i will change my name to iamaweenie on this site
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options

This. lol
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    In for video of 200# bench!