Help me stop! I keep nibbling on my kids' food!

Options
13»

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Chew gum so you have something in your mouth?
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Sorry-- I can't figure out how to reply to individual messages. I'm new here.

Hit "Quote" under the specific message you want to reply to and then start typing above [ quote ] or below [ / quote ].
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I read this the other day, and I repeat it to myself when I want to turn to "mindless nibbling": "Discipline is deciding between what you want most and what you want right now."

I've had the same issue in the past, it just takes discipline.
  • oceanblue6
    oceanblue6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sorry-- I can't figure out how to reply to individual messages. I'm new here.

Hit "Quote" under the specific message you want to reply to and then start typing above [ quote ] or below [ / quote ].

Thanks so much! I think I've got it! :smile:
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing we just need self control because it happens we just have to stop it good luck.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I'll bet if you make yourself log those little handfuls, you will soon realize that it is a pain to log them, and that it is really not "worth" the extra calories for the amount of pleasure that you get out of them. Somewhere in the back of your head there is probably a little voice telling you that the calories don't "count" since you didn't eat much, or that you didn't really mean to eat them. NOT TRUE--they do count and you should be logging them if you eat them.

Regarding those bread crusts--if you have a "thing" about wasting food, either throw them out for the birds, or keep a bag of crusts in the freezer and when you have a bunch, toast them and then put them through the food processor to use as bread crumbs.

This. A lot. I say don't stop doing it, just start measuring it.

Whip out or buy a food scale and weight everything. And I do mean everything.

As for the wasting food thing, a friend told me last year - when you put it in your body, is it really being USED, or is it just a different form of waste?
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    I do not know why you cut the crust, best part, off your kid's bread. But, I do have a suggestion which may help your browsing. Put an accurate scale which measures in grams and ounces, on your kitchen counter. Weigh and record evey single scrap you eat. Enter them in MFP under snacks, then at the end of the day see what it amounts to. Or let the kids enjoy their own crust.