Options
2»

Replies

• MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You people are killing me.
    $180/month?!

Our local box charges $100 for a mandatory 1 hour class. Then $75 for a profeciency test before you can join.
    Then its $230/month for 2 classes/week. If you want to show up more than that, its $55/class.

Thats car insurance on my car and a brand new truck.

To do pullups and box jumps. I dont even think so :C
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    interested in the group thing myself.

i know i probably sounds creepy or pathetic, but probably the biggest reason i go to the gym at this point is to meet someone. I get a much better workout in at home, and i really don't go to bars or any other social settings so its really the only place i see new faces.

but i'm really shy and i NEVER open my mouth i was just hoping to make some new casual aquaintances anyway.

Lol didn't sound creepy to me but I understand exactly what you mean
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My local box is $130/mo for unlimited, which isn't terrible, but I am married with 4 girls. Therefore I workout at home.
  • nashai01
    Options
    You people are killing me.
    $180/month?!

Our local box charges $100 for a mandatory 1 hour class. Then $75 for a profeciency test before you can join.
    Then its $230/month for 2 classes/week. If you want to show up more than that, its $55/class.

Thats car insurance on my car and a brand new truck.

To do pullups and box jumps. I dont even think so :C

Whew! every month groupon or living social has deals around my area. I seen deals for 4 boxes in my area this month alone. So I will use those deals and once they expire then I'll see if I can afford to pay.
    All of the deals that I've seen have been $39 for a full month, unlimited classes. The highest I seen was $49 for one month unlimited classes. They also have deals for couples
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Ah, another Charlottean! Howdy, Miss! Anyways, I wanted to try CF, but, yeah price and the fact I don't think I am in basic, minimum shape for it. So, I'm sticking with the Beachbody stuff. Maybe sometime next year, I'll try the CF WOD.

Still...

CrossFit Charlotte, CrossFit NoDa, CrossFit Metro, CrossFit South, CrossFit Southend, CrossFit Northlake, CrossFit Voltage, CrossFit QC (Queen City), CrossFit Strength, CrossFit T2, CrossFit, Vitality, CrossFit YMCA, CrossFit YWCA, CrossFit Uptown, CrossFit Eternal, CrossFit Dilworth, CrossFit S3, CrossFit Ballantyne, Ultimate CrossFit, and CrossFit Steele Creek, seem to have some serious followings. I mean, you don't have that many locations, and no one not show up, right?
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My friend bought a groupon for 6 weeks of crossfit, 6 days a week, for $30 bucks. Even better the trainer of the class let her bring a friend (me) for free. It was a great experience and I will definately be back. I would look around for good prices, and def. check out groupon, living social, amazon. They usually have tons of deals! Good luck!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    $55 a class?!?!?
    thats insane..

at mine its $20 for drop ins...

Anyways im sure you will love Crossfit! its so great! :)

Add me if you like!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    great tip on groupon, i'll have to check those out.

i think my plan as of now is to do the class and maybe one month at each of the local boxes and see which one i like.

thats 3 months plus of solid training. I'll have a very good idea of which one is the best or have enough knowledge to go off on my own
  • nashai01
    Options
    Ah, another Charlottean! Howdy, Miss! Anyways, I wanted to try CF, but, yeah price and the fact I don't think I am in basic, minimum shape for it. So, I'm sticking with the Beachbody stuff. Maybe sometime next year, I'll try the CF WOD.

Still...

CrossFit Charlotte, CrossFit NoDa, CrossFit Metro, CrossFit South, CrossFit Southend, CrossFit Eternal, CrossFit Dilworth, CrossFit S3, CrossFit Ballantyne, Ultimate CrossFit, and CrossFit Steele Creek, seem to have some serious followings. I mean, you don't have that many locations, and no one not show up, right?

Its so hard for me to find a box in the university area. I seen one called crossfit704, but I don't know anyone who has been there so I'm nervous to try it. Do you know of any in the University area?
  • quirkyone1
    Options

Still...

CrossFit Charlotte, CrossFit NoDa, CrossFit Metro, CrossFit South, CrossFit Southend, CrossFit Eternal, CrossFit Dilworth, CrossFit S3, CrossFit Ballantyne, Ultimate CrossFit, and CrossFit Steele Creek, seem to have some serious followings. I mean, you don't have that many locations, and no one not show up, right?

Its so hard for me to find a box in the university area. I seen one called crossfit704, but I don't know anyone who has been there so I'm nervous to try it. Do you know of any in the University area?

Have you checked out this map?
    http://map.crossfit.com/
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    this is getting me excited to join. I have some more plans though, want to do p90x at least once more, finish aslyum 2 and do it at least once more. also trying my best to save as much as possible so the money is an issue for me no matter how you slice it.

what about competing? do the boxes participate in such things? depends on the box? do you have to be a member of a box to compete?

and for those that do crossfit, do you do any other workouts outside of crossfit? i mean like regularly.

I am still new, but joined during the Crossfit open. Anyone can compete. The workout is posted online and you have two options - go to a box and have someone judge you. I'm not sure how that works if you are not a member, I didn't ask. I assume they would charge you or something. The second option is to videotape yourself doing the work out (they post specific instructions on how to video and what must be seen, i.e. loading the weights, what angle, etc) and submit it. My box did compete in the open, don't think anyone made regionals but we had a couple who were close.
    As for local competitions, I don't know how they work. I haven't seen one yet.

I run as well. I also intend on biking once the weather warms up and getting back into swimming. I've been training for a half marathon while doing crossfit.
  • nashai01
    Options

Still...

Have you checked out this map?
    http://map.crossfit.com/

Thanks for the Map!