Starting Over

Options
Ive been here since 3-7-11, lost 103.5lbs by 4-20-12; then lost motivation over the past year by moving 4 times, 2 failed relationships, and being unemployed, near homeless, twice; so Im starting over today, no more excuses; at a weight of 254.8lbs.

I have always had MFP on my mind, with desire to lose weight, but just with life being so inconsistent couldnt stay focused. Id log back in, needing the support I once had here but realizing it had diminished with only having a few friends left I just couldnt find my motivation again. Im in need of new, dedicated friends, that log in daily, that will leave comments and feedback regularly, to keep me in check.

Im 28, 5'10", with a goal of 170. Ive been overweight my entire life.

Replies

• Maracuya77
    Options
    I'm actually at a similar weight. This morning, I weighed 258! I couldn't believe it. I have been through personal hardships myself, including an ugly divorce, near homelessness, expensive custody battle, failed relationships, starting a new life in another country, being a stay at home mom from having an active career...lots of changes. I need to lose weight. My first goal is to get down to 200 pounds. It's easy to 'give up', but I don't want to. If you want to be friends, I'd love that. I'm 5'5, so a little shorter, but we both know where we want to be. Eventually, I want to be at 150 lbs.
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Starting at the same EXACT weight and looking to reach the exact goal weight. And this week I'm starting over as well. We can do this honey!
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi You can add me im 5'6 before the 'holidays' i got down to 244 and i'm now back at 261. i got distracted and discouraged and now i have to get back on track. we can help each other..
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    maracura: might I suggest adding in more goals. 58 pounds to your first goal is alot and will take time. If you have more frequent goals, youll feel more accomplished and have more self motivation. I currently weigh 254.8. My first goal is just 4.8lbs away, at 250, Ill be the actual weight my drivers license says. at 240, i'll be my freshmen year of high school weight, etc. I have several goals all the way down to my goal weight (you can see the full list on my profile). This helps you not have a feeling of defeat and helplessness when youve only lost a couple pounds and are still so far from a goal; only being a few pounds from a goal really helps in times of doubt.
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm about an inch shorter than you and maybe 2-3 lbs less so we have similiar goals. :smile: My goal weight is actually 165 lbs (the same weight I was in high school when super active and a size 8) so I've got a ways to go but MFP is definitely helping me! You can do it! :drinker: I'll be looking forward to seeing your success story in the threads one of these days! :flowerforyou: