I Need Honest Review: Where Do I Still Need Work!?

Options

Replies

• lmcla828
    lmcla828 Posts: 29
    Options
    I wish people would stop attacking me on my need for self esteem and my "inability" to be able to bench 200 pounds?? Are you serious?? That isn't even competition weight!?! If you knew anything about womens weight lifting you would know the strongest is over 440 by a female. I'm not eve at half of that!! I have been working my *kitten* off and the reason I asked for critique was I wanted critique of my BODY NOT MY "SELF ESTEEM ISSUES" or my ABILITIES.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Your legs are way to big and your waist is huge!! That is where I would start if I was you. You certainly need to tone a good bit more and I would think losing a little more weight would benefit you greatly.

.... Are you talking about the "before" picture?

I was joking. I really think she looks amazing. I honestly think she may be trying to get attention and fishing for compliments.

I like you.
  • lmcla828
    lmcla828 Posts: 29
    Options
    THANK YOU!
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    i think you look fine, try and lose your last bit of weight then just keep fit to maintain it :smile: i agree about the hair sometimes when you lose alot of weight shorter hair can emphasize it a bit more, but you are looking fabulous, well done on your weight loss :drinker:
  • krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    wow people on here are so rude. jealous much?
  • brentalanrhodes
    brentalanrhodes Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I wish people would stop attacking me on my need for self esteem and my "inability" to be able to bench 200 pounds?? Are you serious?? That isn't even competition weight!?! If you knew anything about womens weight lifting you would know the strongest is over 440 by a female. I'm not eve at half of that!! I have been working my *kitten* off and the reason I asked for critique was I wanted critique of my BODY NOT MY "SELF ESTEEM ISSUES" or my ABILITIES.

My wife can push 200. I believe you 100%. Don't listen to these folks trying to be ugly about it.
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    Your legs are way to big and your waist is huge!! That is where I would start if I was you. You certainly need to tone a good bit more and I would think losing a little more weight would benefit you greatly.

.... Are you talking about the "before" picture?

I was joking. I really think she looks amazing. I honestly think she may be trying to get attention and fishing for compliments.

I like you.
    :flowerforyou: Your both awesome, I haven't had a thing to say cuz you both are already saying it.:laugh:
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

Sorry we were under the impression that you could take criticism..
    Criticism is wonderful motivation for me! Don't think you'll hurt my feelings, giv me the best....er worst you've got!!
  • brentalanrhodes
    Options
    wow people on here are so rude. jealous much?

ikr?! Sad. People post looking for constructive criticism or advice and get called a liar and get diagnosed with insecurity issues. lol!

Go home internet, you're drunk.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

First off, many of us are very accustomed to some extremely body dimorphic posts on here, so plenty of people immediately respond "WTF?". Take it as a compliment.

And still, 200 pounds is damn respectable for a woman, and frankly a lot of us like watching women lifting. Seriously, post the video.

Finally, you're not going to get much of the constructive criticism you want here. People are either going to be ****s or they're going to be too polite (not a lot in the middle where you want it). Talk to your coach and look in the mirror. That said, you do look fantastic.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    What do you think you need to improve on? That is the question.... Screw everybody elses opinion..... Really!!!! Your opinion is the only one that matters..
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

The collegiate national record for your weight class is 225 lbs.

The world record for your weight class is 319 lbs. That puts you at 63% of the world record.

That's seriously elite. If it's true.

Is this a barbell lift, or a machine lift of some kind?
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options

Criticism is wonderful motivation for me! Don't think you'll hurt my feelings, giv me the best....er worst you've got!!

LOL. Word. OP, keep doing what you're doing.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

Don't listen to these haters. I reached the same plateau, once I hit 1350 on deadlifts.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

QFT
  • Jk77040
    Jk77040 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A book that addresses lifting program changes to aid in breaking through a plateau is

Practical Programming for Strength Training by Ripptoe

A older version is online in pdf format. I am not sure of your current program, but the recommendation is to switch up the routine to give your muscles time to recover or to push them harder with additional sets depending on what the issue is.

In addition, if you are currently cutting weight and operating at calorie deficit it will be difficult to add additional muscle and strength. As a beginner you can cut and build strength, but at some point strength gains will become more difficult and slow and require supportive nutrition.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Well it screams 'self-esteem issues' because how is anybody supposed to give you a reasonable critique? You are already at a healthy weight. At this point anybody giving you a critique would be basing it on their personal preference. Someone might tell you that your arms look flabby and need work. Someone else may tell you that your leg muscles need more definition. Someone else may say that it appears you still may have, albeit small, love handles on your waist. Someone else may even say your chest is too big, or your bum is too flat. What are you going to do, start working on improving things total strangers are telling you in their 'critique', which is based on their own personal preference? What do YOU prefer, what do you want to do to improve your body? What are your goals, what do you want to do? For example if you just want to look good in a swimsuit, your goal is different than someone who wants to become a bikini model. if you plan to become a bikini model, your goal is very different than someone who plans to enter strength-training competitions. And so forth.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    FYI, the OP has deactivated her account...
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Jesus... already? :noway:
  • brentalanrhodes
    Options
    FYI, the OP has deactivated her account...

I would too with the welcome she received.

Maybe she was a troll, maybe not.