113 lbs and reached goal weight. Kerry's story

Options
Seaglass1123
Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
Hey friends! I have posted my story here before but I know for me seeing pictures tells a better story. Sorry if you saw my post yesterday and was teased as some of you said. I had issues with photobucket.

I started my weight loss journey at 258 lbs. I gained about 80 lbs after meeting my husband by bad eating and lack of exercise. Quitting smoking didn't help the eating thing or my metabolism. I ate what tasted good and never gave any thought to the food groups or nutrition. I lost 40 lbs before my wedding and after the wedding got off track. Cue MFP. When I heard about this site and logged on for the first time I was hooked. I knew this was a way to help me be accountable for what I was eating. First I logged all the crap I was eating on the regular and slowly started to eat healthier overall. I took up c25k (amazing program) and started jogging. It was really hard at first but I stuck with it and stretched the weeks out until I felt comfortable. I also did some DVDs and lots of walking. Eat less, move more really.

My original goal was 165 but then I reevaluated and I am now at a healthy bmi and have reached my goal weight of 145. I am a work in progress and while I am amazed at how my body has transformed, I would like to tone up a bit.

I am sharing my story in hoped of inspiring others.

mefatjpeg_zpsadde3e96.jpg
mefatinflorida_zps7545acd5.jpg
meatTomampSarahwedding_zps394ddec9.jpg
floridaandstuff2013101_zpsc6d6039d.jpg
suit_zps64949e6b.jpg
meapril2013_zps5f467af2.jpg
5k_zps978d5e89.jpg
99ffbdce-1398-4e3d-b045-9ea4774da850_zpsc9685318.jpg

Replies

• nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    wow, you look awesome. Good job!
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You know you are my biggest inspiration! I can't tell you enough how much you encourage me! Thank you for all the support you give as well. You look fantastic and I know you are so thrilled to be at your goal. Hugs!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You are so freaking inspirational and motivational. So glad to have you on my side! Your change is amazing, and I FREAKING LURVE YOU!!

Thank you thank you for posting!
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That is so awesome!! You look amazing! Thanks for posting!
  • nheckert
    nheckert Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation! Thanks for sharing. You're very inspiring!
  • HappyCamper5166
    Options
    Awesome job!!! You look great!
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Truely inspiring!!! So Happy for you and your doing great! I can't wait to show my Before's and after's! Thanks for all the support you give!!!
  • jtempalski
    Options
    that is am amazing transformation!! Way to go!!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Great job!!
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    WOW! you look great, Thanks for sharing.
  • samanthab19
    samanthab19 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    awesome! pics are GREAT and your hard work has definitely paid off!!
  • JLPaige
    JLPaige Posts: 194
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous! You are truly amazing :)
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    you have done such an amazing job huni you look fantastic x
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Holy Hannah, what an inspiring change! Get it, girl!
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    you look so awesome!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! And you are def inspirational! In your before pic you look as if you have the same build as me so to see that you were able to come down so much and really see that much of a difference in your shape gives me hope! How tall are you if you don't mind my asking?!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I know that I say it daily... but you absolutely ROCK. To make the decision to turn your life around the way you have is sooo inspirational. My world has become a better place simply by having people like you in it. :flowerforyou:

There is really no point in my telling you to keep on being AWESOME... cuz you will and I know it. You are one of those people that truly do understand that this about LIFE, and I love that you are making yours as great as it can be!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
    We used to live in Lowell. Not a bad town. As long as you stayed away from down town anyway.
    Moved south in 2008 to longer summers and shorter winters :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!