Just shy of 60

Options
Hi !Just joined and am in need of lots of help. Just spent tons of money on a cleanse that did nothing but I did love the shakes.=o)
Need much motivation and encouragement as my support system is nil.
I am a Canadian, wife, mother and nana.
HELP!!!!

Replies

• justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    Welcome....you will find ALL sorts of support here....I have thats for sure!!!
    I too am almost 60 (my birthday is in October) and am finaly trying to change my lifestyle ( and by proxy, my husbands :smile: )
    my best advice is to log everything that goest by your teeth.
    you can friend me if you would like and start your network of support...
  • kathleenhutchison
    Options
    Hi, I turn 60 in two weeks. I joined in April on the advise of my brother who lost 20+ pounds. It takes a week or two to get your food database going good, but I find I really like this. It really keeps me on track and I find I don't eat too much sugar, fat, etc. because I can see what's suggested and how many grams I'm allowed each day. I've lost over 11 pounds with about 4 more to go. My problem in the past has always been keeping it off! Like everyone else! I'm really hopeful that by continuing to log in what I eat, this will keep me at the weight I want to be! I tell everyone 60 is the new 40! I know we can't do anything about that age number, but we certainly can do all we can to look and feel great! Good luck to you!
  • easternNCchick02
    Options
    Welcome to the forums/site. You will get tons of support here. Its amazing the support I'm getting from perfect strangers
  • leanandmeanmachine
    Options
    Hello Linviv: Just want to welcome you onboard. This site is great, I too have only been a member now for only 3 days and I love it. I'm 50 years of age, and I need to loose at least 80-85 lbs. So far I have lost a total of 23lbs, I've been exercising and eating the South Beach way since May and I love it. Let's be friends and lets keep each other motivated.