How often to get weighed

Options
I never know how many times a week I should weigh myself,and if I need to do it every day,and every week,I usually get on the scales at the beginning, and at the end of the week,but then I don't know the best time of day to actually get weighed....Anyone have any clue what I should be doing?????? :smile:

Replies

• BranMuffin947
    BranMuffin947 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every couple days, and I will log my weight if it stays consistent over a week.

Always in the AM.. always lol
  • Jami_A
    Jami_A Posts: 19
    Options
    I usually do an official weigh in on Friday morning.

But I will also weigh in every other day or so just to see how things are going.
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    my weight can change by how much i drink in the day hah so i prefer 1 time a week that way i dont get discouraged
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    once a week- morning
    i do monday the start of the week
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The first thing I do Thursday mornings, after I go on the toilet and before I drink my coffee, is weigh myself. Do it at the same time on your "weigh day" as I call it. It doesn't matter how often you do it but you'll probably see the most encouraging results if you do it once a week (that's what I do.)
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You should weigh in at the same time of the day, every time you do it wearing the same type of clothes or none at all. Thus your weigh-ins will be consistent.

I weigh in nearly every day, first thing in the morning after I use the bathroom. I don't see changes everyday but for me, its the way I control my weekly weight gain, should I slip up. It motivates me to work harder and do better if I see the scale go up. I log my weight though until the end of the week when I do my measurements which is the true testament to all the hard work I have been doing.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It keeps me on my toes as to what I put in my mouth and how much I work out that day.
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I go months without weighing myself. I don't like feeling attached to those numbers, I think more about how I feel on a day-to-day basis.
  • Denise8P
    Denise8P Posts: 23
    Options
    For me its once a week every Monday morning, nekkid, after potty break ... figure that's as consistent as it gets ;) Weighing every day drives me bonkers since I randomly gain .2, .4 and wonder "what I did wrong" when in reality its just normal body fluctuations. Things seem to even out for me on a weekly basis though :)
  • joycehostetler
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, just to monitor how I am doing. But my official weigh in is on Friday morning.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week first thing in the morning after the toilet!
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Once a week, first thing in the morning after you pee. lol.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    If you have a tendency to get obsessed about weight, do not weigh yourself very often, but pick a time when your weight is most predictable. For everyone, first thing in the morning seems to be the best time of day. For women of childbearing age, right after your menstrual period ends is the best time of month.

I weigh myself almost every day, and that's how I know that my weight fluctuates about 4 lb (+/- 2 lb from my "real weight") throughout the day and month.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    If you have the patience ... once a week is great... especially if you've followed thru on your exercise and diet..!! It's can be very rewarding .. and it gives you time to subtract the necessary 3500 calories (that equal a pound) to add up in your favor! Personally, I am weighing myself every third day to remind me to stay on track..:laugh:
  • sarahgip
    sarahgip Posts: 30
    Options
    i weigh myself daily... just so I know Im on track... I also do it after I use the restroom and before I eat or drink anything.... its more accurate then.... .
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, butt nekkid, right after the bathroom break. I usually let the scale sit at a particular weight for three days before deciding it's "done" and logging it in as weight lost. On occasion, it could say one thing, and then for the next four days say a half a pound higher....
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning. I've tried to weigh myself before and after using the bathroom first thing after I wake up, and after noticing a few times a significant difference between the two numbers I only ever do it after hahah I NEVER weigh myself at night, it's only setting myself up for disappointment!

32150961.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people do their weigh-ins Friday morning. I follow the same pattern. Nothing like starting the weekend with a smile on your face, eh? :)
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but only count it as official on Monday - cuz I started on a Monday.

I think you should only weigh every day if you can ignore the number in front of your face and focus on long term trends.
  • imgr8stmom
    imgr8stmom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week...in the mornings....but like most others, i also check once or twice during the week to get an idea of where I am.